Arkham Asylum

By ROTBI, in UFS Off Topic

I'm only about an hour or so into it, but it's great so far. Excellent production values, nice polish and of course, plenty of Harley. gran_risa.gif

ill be picking it up in about an hr. $30 off is the best thing ever.

I sooooo want to play. but i have others projects

Link said:

ill be picking it up in about an hr. $30 off is the best thing ever.

Yeah... buying it brand new for less then $40 meant it's a birthday gift for the girlfriend this weekend.

I don't like the new harley look and the new ivy look too much either, probably 'cause I'm a sucker for vintage...

but bane and croc are still awesome.

Just beat it and it was awesome. I'd recommend it to anyone, as long as it doesn't bother you that this game, like many games and movies nowadays, has a different interpretation of what the characters look like. Yes, Harley looks quite a bit different and the Joker doesn't look like Ledger...bu then again, he isn't trying to. This is the most non-stop fun I've had playing any game in quite some time.

well, i bought it... because 40 bucks, well yeah...

Admiral Ren said:

So...... was it good?

I just ebat and gotta say it was fantastic!

Bloodrunstrue said:

Admiral Ren said:

So...... was it good?

I just ebat and gotta say it was fantastic!

haven't finished it yet and OMFGITSAWESOME. but i wish i could get the special edition.

also, scarecrow,.... its like Freddie Krueger and sauron made a baby

i played the demo for a few minutes....did i just not get far into it or is it just "Tap X" over and over?

Golden Axe was fun in its day....15 yrs later I don't need it redone with Batman.

Like i said maybe i didn't get far enough, but it seemed like your typical streets of rage/xmen/double dragon/spiderman punch'em up

Played through the demo a week ago. Definitely picking it up. I'm thinking of getting the PS3 version for the Joker levels.

I'm glad someone made a faithful and awesome next/current gen comic book game.

knew_b33 said:

I don't like the new harley look and the new ivy look too much either, probably 'cause I'm a sucker for vintage...

but bane and croc are still awesome.

I agree with Harley. Something about that hair seems off.

I however love the take on Poison Ivy.

Smazzurco said:

i played the demo for a few minutes....did i just not get far into it or is it just "Tap X" over and over?

Golden Axe was fun in its day....15 yrs later I don't need it redone with Batman.

Like i said maybe i didn't get far enough, but it seemed like your typical streets of rage/xmen/double dragon/spiderman punch'em up

That's what I thought when I played the demo but while most of the combat it just hitting X and Y it's not just a button masher game. You hardly just run up on bad guys and beat them up, it's a lot of sneaking around. Hanging from stuff dropping down choke a guy out then swinging back up and waiting to take the other guys out. Gliding down and kicking them in the back of their head to knock them down then choking them out. Fun stuff. Plus so far all the boss battles have not been just beat them up.

this game rawks, i personally love the new harley and ivy looks. the new ivy is fn'g smoking, zomg.

the combat system is very smooth, you just have to get it down, doing 30 40 hitters is HOTNESS. the upgrades are fun and the boss battles are insane. the fight with bane was just the beggining, so much epicness awaits.