RTL-xp questions

By oren2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

hello everyone,

if a hero opens a glyph the party gets 3CT.

does this meen:

1) that the whole party total xp is 3 and every hero individually earns 3 xp?

or

2) the whole party total xp is 12- 3 xp for the player that activated the glyph+ 9 xp for the other players (3 players * 3xp for each of them).

another question-

when and how much CT the heroes and the OL recieve?

thx in advance

In the dungeon, the party gets 3 Conquest for activating a glyph. Don't worry about XP at this point.

When they leave, count the Conquest tokens. EACH hero receives 1 XP for each token.

You can do the same for the OL. Give him conquest tokens for heroes he has killed. The only difference is that he is not subtracting from the heroes' pool. When the dungeon is over, convert each token to 1XP for him.

CT is shared by the party but is related to their individual XP values. When a party open a 3 CT point glyph the party as a whole adds 3 to their CT value, then each player adds 3 XP to their available XP value. As players spend their individual XP their available XP will be different from the rest of the party, but the parties CT value will always be the same.

Veinman said:

When they leave, count the Conquest tokens. EACH hero receives 1 XP for each token.

Actually my group uses to report the exact count of XPs still during the dungeoncrawling phase (i.e. activating glyph >>>gaining 3 CTs as Party >>> gaining 3 XPs each hero >>> continuing quest in the dungeon), since is more clear for our game.

Just my experience report.... happy.gif

thx for the replies happy.gif

maybe you can help me with my other question:

when and how much CT the heroes and the OL recieve during the game. examples:

1) opening a glyph=3

2) start of the week the= OL GETS 1 CT

3)opening a chest in a dungeon= if there is no treasure the heroes recieve 1 CT

what else?

oren said:

thx for the replies happy.gif

maybe you can help me with my other question:

when and how much CT the heroes and the OL recieve during the game. examples:

1) opening a glyph=3

2) start of the week the= OL GETS 1 CT

3)opening a chest in a dungeon= if there is no treasure the heroes recieve 1 CT

what else?

Killing a dungeon boss, 2CT (each, if there are multiple named monsters)
Killing an encounter boss, 2CT (each)
Killing a Lt, 4CT
Killing an encounter boss on the final level of a dungeon, 4CT (instead of 2CT) (each)
Hero party arriving at a previously unvisited dungeon location, 1CT
Additional at the start of each week, per city razed (for the OL, not including Vynevale), 1CT

There are also some specials from Plots, Avatar types and Rumours, eg 5 bonus threat for razing a city on one o fthe plots and 1 bonus CT each chest for Great Wyrm.