About previews...

By Ravenheart87, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

What kind of WFRP previews would you like to see in the coming weeks (months)?

Since most of us already knows a lot about the setting's background (or can find the info in the dark corners of the internet), I suppose we should get more previews about the new game elements and mechanics, which are still misty or unknown. My wishes:

-A full character sheet.
-At least two career previews - one old career (Rat Catcher), one new career (War Dancer).
-A skill test or combat example, to learn more about the custom dices and actions.
-Wounds and insanity. There's no Warhammer adventure without one or both of them. :)

I also hope, we'll see a short preview adventure before the release of the game, with printable pre-generated characters, action cards, and a guide, how to simulate the custom dices with the usual ones - for example: 1 is chaos symbol, 2 is hammer, 3 is dancing drunk naked dwarf, etc...

What about you?

I'd really like to find out how Magic will work, and Tzeentch's Curse.

1. Preview the basic mechanics (dice use, cards, etc.) through a play example.

2. Definitely an adventure preview, even something as simple as what you'd read off the back of the product. I'm very interested in what FFG's default tone will be.

Ravenheart87 said:

I also hope, we'll see a short preview adventure before the release of the game, with printable pre-generated characters, action cards, and a guide, how to simulate the custom dices with the usual ones - for example: 1 is chaos symbol, 2 is hammer, 3 is dancing drunk naked dwarf, etc...

I like the suggestions so far. I am particularly interested in seeing the combat mechanics/dice pool demonstrated. Perhaps from a conservative vs. aggressive stance approach in both.

I do really appreciate the videos they've just made available. Not sure if it is going to allay any fears of others, but I do appreciate the effort to make it available for those who couldn't be at Gen Con.

Necrozius said:

I'd really like to find out how Magic will work, and Tzeentch's Curse.

I would like to know this as well. And see an example of the conservative vs. reckless versions of a spell.