New Wings of War site

By HMS Hajj, in Wings of War

Hello all,

I finally have my site up and polished enough to release it to the public. My
main goal for this site is give us Wings of War fans a single place to go to for
all things WoW related.

Feel free to check it out at www.wingsofwar.org

As the title of this message suggests, the site has an unlimited amount of
space for file AND photo uploads. I've tried to add categories I thought we
would need, but if I'm missing something you would like, just let me know.

This is also the site I will use to run a World Wide Campaign! It's a big
project and the coding part of the site and campaign pages are still in the
works, but there is a thread with some details for those that want to have a
look.

And for those that prefer Yahoo Groups over forums, please read this thread on
how to get a daily or weekly digest and no images...

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10

Everyone should have a look at this thread to quickly learn your way around the
site...

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9

Please stop by and let me know what you think of the site!

No to belittle your accomplishment, because I think that more fan support is always a good thing, but doesn't that essentially duplicate the forums here and the file store at the Yahoo Group?

Personally, I'd love to see more content - like some of the files on the Yahoo Group and BoardGameGeek.

schoon said:

No to belittle your accomplishment, because I think that more fan support is always a good thing, but doesn't that essentially duplicate the forums here and the file store at the Yahoo Group?

Personally, I'd love to see more content - like some of the files on the Yahoo Group and BoardGameGeek.

Yahoo is rather a plain dull set up. And it is caped for memory space, difficult to upload anything.

Not to mention terrible organization.

FFG has no orginization but is nice looking. As well as other limitations.

No worries schoon, a valid point/question. As Sundance said, the Yahoo Group is out of file space and is totally unorganized. This was one of the main reasons for me building my site. I will be adding more files from the YG, but I want to get permission from the file makers before just uploading them. Unfortunatly, it takes a while to get in touch with people through YG.

I really like the look and feel of the FFG forums here, but you just can't do any thing else here. So I wanted to try and make one place that offered these things. I do have some big plans for the look and feel of my site, but I thought it more important to make the first style option (you will be able to pick form a few different ones when they are done) simple so that it loads fast and does not draw unwanted attention if someone is at work.

As for more content on the site, that is defiantly coming and it also need the communities help... so feel free to join in!

The Sundance Kid said:

Yahoo is rather a plain dull set up. And it is caped for memory space, difficult to upload anything.

Not to mention terrible organization.

FFG has no orginization but is nice looking. As well as other limitations.

I'll second the above comments, Amen to that! aplauso.gif

HMS Hajj said:

Hello all,

Please stop by and let me know what you think of the site!

Registering now, I'll let you know how it looks tomorrow (it's late here). Good idea! aplauso.gif

The new site looks great! Hopefully some more people will come check it out to get more content and discussion going.

Fair points.

I've registered and confirmed, but there's still no link for adding files. Is there an internal confirmation process as well?

afilter said:

The new site looks great! Hopefully some more people will come check it out to get more content and discussion going.

I'll second the above comments! aplauso.gif

The new site looks super! aplauso.gif

The Yahoo group was always waay too disorganized for me to really follow anything over there. And like it was mentioned earlier in this thread, this site is great looking, but extremely lacking in content.

I think Rodger_Wilco would like www.wingsofwar.org/forums/index.php it!

Anyone with an interest in WoW ought to give it a look see, and I'd say most would find themselves pleasantly suprised! happy.gif

Hey, they even have better avatars! gran_risa.gif (Custom ones too)

I like the new site, but now I cannot post to it including PM the admin. I posted a few threads in the hobby section, but now everytime I try it gives me a message that the post will be reviewed by an admin and nothing ever shows up. Tried sending a PM to the site Admin and it does not show up as sent. Hmmmm....frustrating

schoon said:

Fair points.

I've registered and confirmed, but there's still no link for adding files. Is there an internal confirmation process as well?

You have to have so many posts before you can use the File System. It's the only way I can keep non players from just using my site to host files. I have moved you to the "upgraded" group, so you should be able to upload files via the File link in the nav bar up top, it's gray in color and towards the left of the page.

afilter said:

I like the new site, but now I cannot post to it including PM the admin. I posted a few threads in the hobby section, but now everytime I try it gives me a message that the post will be reviewed by an admin and nothing ever shows up. Tried sending a PM to the site Admin and it does not show up as sent. Hmmmm....frustrating

Afilter, I PM'd you on my site about this.

HMS Hajj said:

afilter said:

Afilter, I PM'd you on my site about this.

I did not get it....I tried PMing you as well before posting here. I was able to post a new thread today though. ??????

Thanks for putting up your site. I'll be registering momentarily...

I've signed up too, it's a great site, well organized, and I get my own avatar back! Reminds me of the first FFG forums, before the countless moves, and then ... this forum .... llorando.gif angel.gif

WilliamBarkerVC said:

I've signed up too, it's a great site, well organized, and I get my own avatar back! Reminds me of the first FFG forums, before the countless moves, and then ... this forum .... llorando.gif angel.gif

Oooo, don't mention this forum. preocupado.gif

Not even here. corazon_roto.gif