Question: Hero Healing

By Repertoire, in Middle-earth Quest

Can a Hero in a Haven with a Minion or a Monster heal?

From p. 20:

"If there is a monster or minion on the hero's location, or if he is on a Shadow Stronghold location, he may not rest (and this step is skipped)."

Since he can't rest (due to the monster/minion) and the step is skipped, I'd say he can't heal.

Note that getting a monster into a haven may be difficult since you can't (normally) place influence tokens in a haven and you can only move monsters to locations with influence.

Macronx said:

...Note that getting a monster into a haven may be difficult since you can't (normally) place influence tokens in a haven and you can only move monsters to locations with influence.

True, but the Black Serpent can place monsters in adjacent spaces even if these space have no influence, so it's certainly possible.

TK

The FAQ (v 0.1) is up and says you can heal if a minion is present, so I got that one wrong. It also states that monsters can never be placed in Havens (with the Black Serpent, for example), so I got that one wrong too. happy.gif

So, hero may heal in heaven whenever minion appears.

What about this questions:

1) Is heal a substep of rest step ?

2) Is hero can rest (shuffle rest pool in life pool) and can corrupt in heaven when minion in location ?

3) Is Saurons story marker moves forward when hero healing ?

romka said:

What about this questions:

1) Is heal a substep of rest step ?

2) Is hero can rest (shuffle rest pool in life pool) and can corrupt in heaven when minion in location ?

3) Is Saurons story marker moves forward when hero healing ?

#1: Yes, you must take Rest in order to heal.

#2: You can rest, remove a corruption and heal even if a Minion is in the same Haven as the Hero in question.

#3: It is Rest that moves a story marker and since you must Rest to Heal, story marker will move.

So with the black serpent you can place minions in a haven location or not then?

Lighteens said:

So with the black serpent you can place minions in a haven location or not then?

FAQ:

"Q: Can monsters ever be placed in haven locations (for example with the
Black Serpent’s ability)?
A: No."