Seriously. Arizona needs to step it up.

By Cena2, in UFS Fan Announcements

And I propose we do so by getting a new venue. It seems like Game Depot is done and I've heard nothing from Showtime.

I say we raid Chandler Fashion Center's Game Depot. Mostly because it's a decent locale and most of the scene's in the Tempe/Mesa area, anyway.

Cena said:

And I propose we do so by getting a new venue. It seems like Game Depot is done and I've heard nothing from Showtime.

I say we raid Chandler Fashion Center's Game Depot. Mostly because it's a decent locale and most of the scene's in the Tempe/Mesa area, anyway.

Game Depot is pretty deep set in Magic and tabletop gaming. As far as Showtime goes, they stopped being open on Sundays since Super Bowl Sunday, and that was our dedicated day to have UFS. Since then, we've had to share the store on Saturdays with Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Pokemon, and customers searching for sports cards.

Don't get me wrong, I am totally for more venues. Aside from Game Depot and Showtime, I've not really heard much as far as venues in the east valley. A friend of mine and I are trying to get the Atomic Comics on Southern and Country Club to start being a venue, but we haven't really gotten much of a following yet, and I'm sure they won't get much more product until they get a following. It's another thought anyway.

DoctorAlbertWily said:

Cena said:

Game Depot is pretty deep set in Magic and tabletop gaming. As far as Showtime goes, they stopped being open on Sundays since Super Bowl Sunday, and that was our dedicated day to have UFS. Since then, we've had to share the store on Saturdays with Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Pokemon, and customers searching for sports cards.

Don't get me wrong, I am totally for more venues. Aside from Game Depot and Showtime, I've not really heard much as far as venues in the east valley. A friend of mine and I are trying to get the Atomic Comics on Southern and Country Club to start being a venue, but we haven't really gotten much of a following yet, and I'm sure they won't get much more product until they get a following. It's another thought anyway.

(((CRAP I MEANT TO SAY ATOMIC COMICS)))

Game Depot was ok back in the day. It died, though...

Well, with college in the way, it's starting to get hard to organize ish like this. ><

I know mrhomiec tried Pop culture Paradise at ASU during the anniversary event. I don't know about the new Dave's comics in Mesa though.

When are you all at Atomic on Country Club?

I've been looking for the playgroup for UFS, when I first moved out here it was at Game Depot and was hoping it was staying but I got caught up with college but now I can spend all my time to it, but sadly no one is around.

So I really need to know where the Tempe/Mesa UFS players go so that I can actually play with other players and find out when/where Tekken is being released.

Game Depot is still selling UFS though...

Showtime Sports Cards(SE corner of Southern&McClintock) official tournaments are noon-4ish. We have pickup games for the rest of the day. Tekken should be there next week.

Bowser Minion said:

I know mrhomiec tried Pop culture Paradise at ASU during the anniversary event. I don't know about the new Dave's comics in Mesa though.

When are you all at Atomic on Country Club?

Sundays, if we go. They hold Yu-Gi-Oh there but I get a pick up game or two, and some people watch and show a little interest.

Bowser Minion said:

Showtime Sports Cards(SE corner of Southern&McClintock) official tournaments are noon-4ish. We have pickup games for the rest of the day. Tekken should be there next week.

Ok... so the 28th at noon...???

WHY.

It HAS to be during class. AFTER my birthday.

knew_b33 said:

Bowser Minion said:

Ok... so the 28th at noon...???

Yeah, around then.

what is the entrance fee for the event... in WI it was 10 to 15 dollars for the given packs

The tournament starts at 1pm. The entrance fee is $5 to play for Tekken promos, standard block 4. Tekken will be on sale beforehand.

Bowser Minion said:

The tournament starts at 1pm. The entrance fee is $5 to play for Tekken promos, standard block 4. Tekken will be on sale beforehand.

wow, that's hella cheaper than WI

but unfortunately I got confused, because I read the 28th and went there yesterday, no one was there... and now I has no money
I did get one pack though of iit and am gonna probably play All with an Algol deck using some foundations I got from Paul's support... I didn't get a character card though.