Introduction and question re: Followers of Mork!

By leepurslow, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

Greetings cave dwellers :P

Well I have been trackin this game for a month or so now and decided its time to join your ravenous hordes and pitch in with a hello and a quick question *waves*

I am from Portsmouth Hampshire in England ( not the U.S.of A Portsmouth) and have played cards from 4th edition Mtg all the way through LotR, touched base with Warcry and finally have found a concept (LCG) that won't break me financially, hence my interest in Invasion.

Also been an avid tabletop gamer since I was 12....and that's what......19 years ago :( But alas I am still of the living world :)

Will probably have a core group of players down here interested in playing this both casually and competitively, so any Brits that live local...count us in :)

So question re: Followers of Mork

warhammer-invasion-lcg-followers-of-mork

Indirect damage.....can it be placed on units in play (obviously owned by the player) or is the damage ONLY allowed to be placed on capitals? I see no reference in the rules that specifically states that damage to players is automatically applied to their capital? A reference would be exquisite :P

Anyway, nice meeting you all, I'm off to pillage and plunder.

Chow :)

Osiris

Indirect damage is explained in the rules specifically . . . you choose where to put it (although if you have no characters or take more indirect damage than characters with health you have, I think you'd have to start putting it on your capital).

It was ruled by Nate (and myself) that indirect damage can be applied anywhere (on one's own things).

Damage in the rules is cap or units. So two points of indirect damage is cap or units too!

Use it to tag your units for Black Orc toughness bonus and Squig Herding power boost!

Well it's kinda mentioned:

"Outside of combat, some card effects also deal
damage to units or to a player’s capital . When these
effects resolve, this damage is first assigned and then
applied to the target in a manner similar to the way
damage is handled in combat."

Except that the followers of Mork card neither specifically statesit damages units or player capitals.

Is the assumption that any damage that targets a player is only dealt to their capital then? and not to units?

Ah interesting. See I would have ruled that differently based on the following logic.

Indirect damage can only target 2 things: units and player capitals (page 17 of rules).

Cards that deal damage to units seem to specifically state that they damage units (see flamers of tzeentch). Followers of Mork states that it deals two indirect damage to each player. Now if its not targetting as unit, then its targetting a player (or a players capital according to the rules on page 17), and therefore wouldn't be allowed to damage a unit.

That would be my twisted logic behind it :)

Sorry for the extra posts but it seemed too late for me to be able to edit my last post!

Found this 'ruling' from the Orc preview

"can be found cards that do indirect damage (this is damage that players allocate among their own units and capital any way they want"

So Although not specifically in the rulebook, this is pretty conclusive proof :) .

Indirect damage has to be assigned by the receipient. You may put it on your capital, units, etc.

Sometimes it's better just to put some on your capitol instead of on your units since killing your own units may cause attackers to deal even more damage to your capitol.

It's likely that when you receive indirect damage you'll have some target for it. Unless all your zones are burning and you don't have any units, in which case it's more than likely you have been eliminated from the game... ;)

As Vermillian states though, the Followers of Mork are going to be a cheap and easy way of gettin damage on your orc units that trigger other constant abilities, such as on the Boar boys for example :)