Thoughts about future armada stuff

By Amirol, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

They've added scum and villainy for x-wing, hopefully they'll add additional factions to armada as well.

Personally I'm hoping that they'll go in the other direction and instead of going further into post empire territory, will look into the clone wars era ships.

This isn't a "Please do this FF" thread, I was just wondering what you guys hope for.

I would like to play the republic and field Venators and Acclamators and so on, and CIS has some cool ships as well. And, unlike many of the scum and villainy ships, the Republic and CIS is still canon.

I'll second that. While I didn't like the PT -- for many reasons, the space battles and the ships were very cool.

If FFG makes PT ships, I would like to see them done in a way that they work with OT ships: Possibly limiting the PT ships to Black & Blue dice weapon systems, less overall damage dice, shields, etc. As less advanced tech, PT should have worse Command, Squadron, & Engineering as well. Though the Droid Carrier ship should be able to control quite a few droid squadrons.

However they're statted, I'd love to see the models redone by FFG.

I'm curious how far they'll go. There's only a handful of ships I don't see in Wave 1 or 2 from the movies and as with X-Wing, I'll politely bow out once I've got a sizeable collection of stuff I recognize from the material I've consumed (movies, a few video games, a book or two).

That said, I'm hoping they add the following:

Interdictor Star Destroyer

Packs of generals (I'd like to see about 10 per faction)

Rebel transport (all support ship)

Dreadnought cruiser

Nebulon B2 Frigate

Assassin class CR90

A space platform though more a terrain piece rather than an actual ship.

I think adding in special upgrades for Imperial only and Rebel Only would be ideal too.

I'd like to see Imperial freighter ship.

Would like to see a Lamda shuttle

Having PT ships and starfighters in Armada would be very intriguing. I suppose you would have to add both Republic and Separatists as additional factions. If FFG decides to go that route, we would mostly see the Recusant-Class Light Destroyer, the Republic Attack Cruiser and whole bunch of starfighters as options. I'm indifferent if FFG decides to do this in the future or if they keep it strictly OT.

What is PT/OT? I am used to seeing OT as Off Topic but that does not fit with what people are saying and have no other idea what it would mean.

What is PT/OT? I am used to seeing OT as Off Topic but that does not fit with what people are saying and have no other idea what it would mean.

when referring to the films in Star Wars:

PT= prequel trilogy

OT= original trilogy

I'd love to see an Interdictor SD with a title card that reduces the speed of all opposing ships within a certain distance of itself. :D

I would definitely like to see Prequel/Clone Wars ships in Armada but I don't expect it to happen. There's just more stuff in this scale from that era. In the OT, there are only 6 different space ships to choose from (7 of you count the transport). To me that really isn't enough to base an entire game on.

I fully expect a huge number of ships from the new SW movies to be announced in the near future. I bet that would be the next wave but I was wrong.

A pirate faction would be nice.

Or better yet the Zann Consortium.

EAW-FOC anyone?

Lancer when. I want to sweep the stars clean of dirty rebel scum.

But I certainly wouldn't mind some Prequel ships, especially the Trade Fed Space Donut. Hah, imagine a faction more spammy with cheap fighters than the Imps.

Lancer when. I want to sweep the stars clean of dirty rebel scum.

But I certainly wouldn't mind some Prequel ships, especially the Trade Fed Space Donut. Hah, imagine a faction more spammy with cheap fighters than the Imps.

But the Donut is sooooo huge :o

It could be crammed on to a large base, I'm certain. And besides, you'd only need that in your fleet anyways, since I'm sure it'd come with two dozen stands of droid fighters. Should even out nicely.

In a way we already have the prequel trilogy... in fact, pre-prequel trilogy. The H-6 Scurrg was developed five years before Naboo!

If they add vessels from the clone wars, it will be a veneer of how they are used by factions of the Galactic Civil War. So Venators are going to be Imperial Grey, and any Providence -class destroyers are going to be patterned on Rebel One .

There are many many ships from the original trillogy though, since there was roughly thirty years of content to generate before the prequels ever showed up. If we're going beyond craft from the immediate galactic civil war (such as the flight sim ships and Empire at War), I see us going into the immediate new republic era. That means rebel nebula-class Star destroyers against Turbulent-class ships (whatever they look like).

That is, unless The Force Awakens gives us new capital ships. If the original trilogy runs out of ships to suitably use, we're probably going there next.

The Vong I see being too controversial to really be a strong choice. Plus, since their play style would divert so much from the core game mechanics, they would be used if and only if the game needed a serious meta shakeup and we've already run the gamut of spaceships from the OT and sequel series. That means Super Star Destroyers, World Devestatators, TIE Droids, and the new Star Destroyers would be on the table and yesterday's news by the time we see the spoiler for Vong.

I'll second that. While I didn't like the PT -- for many reasons, the space battles and the ships were very cool.

If FFG makes PT ships, I would like to see them done in a way that they work with OT ships: Possibly limiting the PT ships to Black & Blue dice weapon systems, less overall damage dice, shields, etc. As less advanced tech, PT should have worse Command, Squadron, & Engineering as well. Though the Droid Carrier ship should be able to control quite a few droid squadrons.

However they're statted, I'd love to see the models redone by FFG.

Victory -class Star Destroyers are Clone Wars-era tech, and they seem to be pretty good. ;)

Assault Frigate mk1, even if it's identical to the Mk2 stats wise with new Upgrades.

Dreadnought with Thrawn wouldn't make me cry.

I would like to see a rebel transport ship and maybe some sort of imperial prisoner transport ship. Each could come with an objective card. I think these ships would add a new element to the game. Maybe you have to defend the ship and get to a certain spot or something.