Basic question about the Hunt

By lexblow, in War of the Ring

My manual is in portuguese (portugal) not brazilian one. My question is: The hunt is to be done at the end of every turn, or when the fellowship moves ? There's complete referece to what to do when fellowship moves, but nothing into when it sits still. Should i roll the hunt anyway? Anothier question: the piece got randomly from the bag (normal one) gets back to the bag or it's out of the game? Ty in advance!

lexblow said:

My manual is in portuguese (portugal) not brazilian one. My question is: The hunt is to be done at the end of every turn, or when the fellowship moves ? There's complete referece to what to do when fellowship moves, but nothing into when it sits still. Should i roll the hunt anyway?

You do not roll for the hunt unless the fellowship moves. After you roll for the hunt, you place the free people's die that was used to move the fellowship in the hunt box, and it adds 1 to each hunt roll die result. If the fellowship does not move while outside of Mordor, nothing happens. If the fellowship does not move while in Mordor, add one corruption.

>>>Anothier question: the piece got randomly from the bag (normal one) gets back to the bag or it's out of the game? Ty in advance!

A drawn hunt tile is removed from the game. When the fellowship enters Mordor, all hunt tiles with the "eye" are placed back in the hunt pool.

I hope that helps!

And the pre-selected dice for the hunt? I loose them if the fellowship doesn't move?

The normal pieces are out of the game completely? Only the eye may get back to the bag? When i make more than one success in the hunt, do i pick one tile for each success or just one tile, no matter what number of successes i made?

lexblow said:

And the pre-selected dice for the hunt? I loose them if the fellowship doesn't move?

If the Fellowship doesn't move, they sit there doing nothing (other than keeping the Fellowship from moving, that is).

lexblow said:

The normal pieces are out of the game completely? Only the eye may get back to the bag?

Yes. The Eyes go back in when the Fellowship goes onto the Mordor Track. The numbered tiles will only re-enter the game if the Hunt Pool is completely exhausted, at which point they go back in to form a new Hunt Pool.

lexblow said:

When i make more than one success in the hunt, do i pick one tile for each success or just one tile, no matter what number of successes i made?

You draw only one tile. The only time that the number of successes matters is if you draw an Eye tile, in which case the Hunt damage is equal to the number of successes.

they sit there doing nothing????

Will they acumulate trough the turns, until the fellowship moves? Or at the end of teh turn i take them back?

Hunt Pool is re-set every turn.

To be clear, the Hunt Box (containing the dice) is reset every turn. The Hunt Pool (containing the tiles) is not.

This is kind of weird... On two games we've played, the fellowship destroied both saruman AND the lich king in one turn, taking Mordor and Orthanc. Are we making something wrong? Cause the shadow seemed way too overwhelmed to me....

lexblow said:

This is kind of weird... On two games we've played, the fellowship destroied both saruman AND the lich king in one turn, taking Mordor and Orthanc. Are we making something wrong? Cause the shadow seemed way too overwhelmed to me....

1. Remember that a free people's nation cannot enter the borders of shadow nation without being at war.

2. Remember that a free people's nation cannot become at war without being activated first.

3. The shadow player must have had awful dice rolls; the shadow player starts with many many many more units than the free peoples.

How many dice is the Shadow player putting in the Hunt Box? If too many are put in, it will severely limit the Shadow's military capabilities. I don't recommend putting in more than two under most circumstances.