Deck Building Rules

By Tugglife2, in 4. AGoT Deck Construction

Can someone provide a link for me that explains the deck building rules? Does such a thing exist? Are there many rules?

You can find the deck building rules in the AGOT LCG Core set Rules on page 24.

Here's a link: www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/agotlcg/support/CoresetRules.pdf

Basically the rules are as follows:

Your plot deck must contain exactly seven
cards, and may not contain any duplicate plot
cards.

Your House deck must contain at least 60 car
and may not contain more than three copies of
card.

Your plot deck and your House deck may not
contain any card that contains the words ìHous
X only,î unless House X is the House you are
playing (i.e., the House denoted on your House
card).

There are exceptions to these rules but those exceptions are written on the specific cards.

ingsve said:

Your House deck must contain at least 60 cards and may not contain more than three copies of any card.

Note that it is "3 copies of any card" by title .

You cannot, for example, put in 1 copy of the Core Set Robert Baratheon, 1 copy of the KotS Robert Baratheon and 2 copies of the TotH Robert Baratheon. That would be considered 4 copies of "Robert Baratheon" in the deck, even though they are very different versions of the named card.

I also find that the deckbuilding card minimum for Local Leagues (50 cards) and its limited Card Pool are very approriate, in my situation.

I just introduced the game in my club. I'm in Italy and without an Italian translation and real avalilability from stores it will be difficult to start a league (tournaments are out of discussion, for now). But to play some casual joust matches to demonstrate the game, I find that the League Rules are just perfect: 1 Core Set, 2 Chapter Packs, assemble a 50 cards deck and there you go.

" Your plot deck must contain exactly seven

cards, and may not contain any duplicate plot
cards."

This is only half right. According to the rules:

Plot Deck

Each player uses his or her own plot deck. A player’s plot deck begins the game with exactly seven cards.

One of those plot cards may have an additional copy (by title) within the plot deck.

No more than one copy of each of the other plot cards may be included in the plot deck.

It took our group a brief discussion to understand what this meant. Basically one of your Plot cards can appear twice, but ONLY one. If the plot card itself states that you can only have one of that Plot then you cannot duplicate it under any circumstance. Otherwise you are free to duplicate one of your seven plot cards if you choose.

Jaxon, you are confusing the 1st and 2nd Edition rules. In the original LCG (which is this Forum), you are only allowed 1 of each plot (unless the plot specifically states otherwise). In the 2nd Edition, the rules are as you state.

Plus, this is the resurrection of a 7-year-old thread. There is a pretty good chance that, even without the transition from 1st Ed to 2nd Ed about a year ago, the rules might have changed in that amount of time.

I really wish the admin would lock these forums or deprecate them somehow. Move 1ed to the bottom of the list of forums?

I just introduced the game in my club.