Relics

By mc-hemmer, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Me and my friends were just playing quest 5 in the WoD expansion. We got to the very end, got past the bone wall, then grabbed the cloak. The person who was wearing the cloak then died and went back to town. We thought that the relic dropped to the ground but im not sure that it does. So if we still had enough conquest and the person who was wearing the robe dies does the cloak go back to town or does the cloak drop to the ground and not go back to town with the hero?

It should stay with the hero. It's an item, like a sword or shield. You don't drop those every time you die. The only difference is that if a hero chooses to discard a relic, it stays where it is dropped whereas normal items disappear.

mc-hemmer said:

Me and my friends were just playing quest 5 in the WoD expansion. We got to the very end, got past the bone wall, then grabbed the cloak. The person who was wearing the cloak then died and went back to town. We thought that the relic dropped to the ground but im not sure that it does. So if we still had enough conquest and the person who was wearing the robe dies does the cloak go back to town or does the cloak drop to the ground and not go back to town with the hero?

Reread the Quest guide. If there is a non-standard rule it will be there. The standard rule would be the Relic stays with the person in possession, so goes to town with him.
I do have a vague recollection that this is not the case with this particular quest, since the entire aim is to get the Relic back to town - but it is a very vague recollection.

The design of the quest kind of makes it look like you're supposed to have to carry it back through a glyph, rather than simply dying while it's in your possession, but I don't believe there's actually any rule to that effect in the quest book, so as written, dying with the relic would mean you win the quest if you're not out of conquest.

But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people houseruled it for that particular quest.

Antistone said:

The design of the quest kind of makes it look like you're supposed to have to carry it back through a glyph, rather than simply dying while it's in your possession, but I don't believe there's actually any rule to that effect in the quest book, so as written, dying with the relic would mean you win the quest if you're not out of conquest.

But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people houseruled it for that particular quest.

Heh, can't you just see it.

The heroes, 3 CT left and the OL about to cycle his deck. Quick huddle and much muttering. 2CT value hero grabs the Relic and, astonishingly, sheds his armour. All the other heroes immediately whomp on him!
Flabbergasted OL ...

partido_risa.gif

well we could have had enough conquest to win, the next turn someone died on his way back to get the cloak. But if it turns out that if it goes back to the town we win. i dont have the quest guide on me so i cant check if the quest says that it drops if you die but ill be sure to check later.