What should I buy?

By oshfarms, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello All,

If I were to purchase Descent, what would be the best expansion to get with it? I definitely am leaning toward the Road to Legend because I like the idea of an extended campaign.

If I were to buy the base game and Road to Legend, is there enough variety of creatures available to through at the heroes?

Assuming Road to Legend is the recommended expansion, what other expansion would be high on the priority list?

Thanks.

Steven

Thank you very much. That thread did help, but I still have a question.

Would it be worth it to own only the basic game and Road to Legend? Is there enough in the base game to make the campaign fun? Or do you really need the other expansions to flesh out the campaign?

The base plus RtL is doable - I would most certianly imagine.

But the fun you get in the expansions is more cards for the OL - treachery is great to have - and a bunch more traps available... Plus the variety of monsters is great.

I personally am not playing the campaign with my group - until we have played most of the dungeons... from all I've read - you really need to have a good handle on the base game before you consider the campaign... that's why we will be waiting - I understand the allure of the campaign - but the base game is so well balanced (in some respects) and so much fun.

oshfarms said:

Thank you very much. That thread did help, but I still have a question.

Would it be worth it to own only the basic game and Road to Legend? Is there enough in the base game to make the campaign fun? Or do you really need the other expansions to flesh out the campaign?

Yes there is.

But the experience will always be greater with all the expansions included - more monster variety, more heroes, more skills, different potions, treachery, feats, more items...

Thank you. It seems from another thread that the Well of Darkness is the "must" have since it adjusts some of the basic game. I like the variety of the creatures in the other expansions a little more though. Why don't I have an endless supply of money? Why? Why!!!!!! enfadado.gif

Thanks for the input. happy.gif