Question about the resolve counter?

By Nightfox44, in Fury Of Dracula

If Dracula manages to attack and kill a hunter in a day/night cycle completes and before a new day dawns does that mean the Resolve counter for the heroes goes to zero again. I mean the resolve counter in the rule book says that its a reward for surviving the night hunting Dracula. Does that mean if one of the hunters is Bitten twice (or once in Mina Harker case.) Does that mean the hunters don't get the resolve for that day? Or does there resolve counter go to zero? The rules about the counter don't really specify. Has anyone had this problem?

Nightfox44 said:

If Dracula manages to attack and kill a hunter in a day/night cycle completes and before a new day dawns does that mean the Resolve counter for the heroes goes to zero again.

No. If that was supposed to happen, the rules would say so. They don't.

Nightfox44 said:

I mean the resolve counter in the rule book says that its a reward for surviving the night hunting Dracula.

Take another look. It doesn't actually say that. There's no mention if it being a reward at all. What it actually says is, "The Hunters gain one Resolve point every time they live to see a new day dawn on the Day/Night track (i.e., each time the Day/Night marker is moved from the Small Hours to Dawn)." I think you'll find that there are four hunter figures on the board when the Day/Night marker moves from Small Hours to Dawn, so even from a flavour text point of view there isn't a problem. Everyone gets to see a new day dawn and continue the hunt.