The Backer

By Gerard the batterer, in Colossal Arena

Can you be a backer if you only have one bet on a creature in a combat row, being the only bet, or do you have to have at least two bets, one on each individual combat row and having the highest value?

One bet is enough. You just add up the value of everyone's bets on that creature and whoever has the most is the backer. If tied, whoever bid first is the backer.

What if I have one bet on a creature and I'm the only one that has a bet, can I be a backer?

One more question...I'm assuming that nobody can be a backer in the 1st. round?

Thanks, for your quick reply,

Gerry

Being more explicit... If I place a bet in the first round on a creature, and since only one player can place a bet on the same creature. Can I be a backer?

I'm not sure I see where your confusion lies. The most valuable backing makes you the backer. Anyone else who hasn't bet on that creature has essentially bid zero on it.

Your bids happen instantly, so if you bid on a creature in the first round and then slap a card on that creature, you get to use its power.

I was under the assumption that two players had to have a bet on a creature and the highest bet gets to be a backer.

I now understand completely. Thank you.

Gerry

Trump said:

If tied, whoever bid first is the backer.

In the rules PDF, it says if it's tied, NIETHER player is the backer. Is the PDF file wrong?

You are correct! I'm either playing by the old Titan rules or am just play wrong. :)