UK Update - Worlds

By Speedsta, in UFS Uk Forum

Hi people,

I found somewhere I can use the internet, it has a weird American keyboard though..... (at least it's not deep-fried like everything else here) happy.gif

OK, some of you asked me to post an update partway through the event, so here it is:

Team Worlds : 2 UK teams entered: Team Mai-Ragnar which included me and Joe, and Team Ragnar-Megazord which included Matt and Kyle (if that seems strange, if was based on how many cards our decks had in common for the 8 copies of any card restriction). It was looking like both teams would make the cut, then the ineveitable happened and we had to play against each other in the final round.... Team Ragnar-Megazord won the match which put a UK team in the top 4 which is a great acheivement for them. Congratulations on their third place finish!

World Championships : As I post this, the first round of the cut is underway. We had really bad luck in this one: Kyle had to play off against both me and Joe in the swiss, and finished about midway in the standings. Matt and I were both the victims of rulings at key moments in games which determined whether or not we could make the cut, which knocked us out. But, congratulations to Joe who is currently playing in the top 8 ! His current opponent is Antigoth's Earth damage soak Sagat, and Joe is playing Order aggro Donovan. Good luck to Joe today!

To the Sheffield players, Matt and I have collected the Patriot Games asset as planned and we are both having a great time at Gen Con. Today we are exploring the trade hall, playing random games, buying lots of anime and collecting any free stuff we can find. I think there's a tournament on the Wednesday night after I get back to the UK so I'll see you all then. I've found several new and interesting drinks and I have caused the UFS logo to be printed on a tournament legal Yu Gi Oh card while I'm here (yes, that last part is completely true). Also, you may be interested to know that Indiannopolis smells like ass (really, really badly sorpresa.gif ), and either smoke or steam has been rising from the sewers every day. And cars ignore red lights and try to run you over regularly.

Good luck to Joe and I'll see everyone in Sheffield or at UK Nationals!

- Ross

joe's in the final vs paul that means its ether donavan or zei mai for the world champion

Joe came second a big well done make sure u bring back lots of american's and canadians for our nats :P

just to show them how we english people do a tournement oh yeahhhhh lol

Speedsta said:

Matt and I were both the victims of rulings at key moments in games which determined whether or not we could make the cut, which knocked us out.

What rulings?

Joe, can I get a hug at UK Nats? I don't get to hug legends very often!

Fiddlestix said:

Joe, can I get a hug at UK Nats? I don't get to hug legends very often!

thats just corny cheesy and any other food substance that means the same thing.

My father was a cob of corn, so you better take that back!

Plus, Joe is a Legend, nuff said!

Fiddlestix said:

I'd have hoped you'd say that before I went to Worlds ;)

But yeah, I could do with that hug :P If you're going up to Steve's Tekken pre-release, I'll see if I can find you there :)

Fiddlestix said:

so are you a corn off the old cob then.

and we all now joe is a legend. He is why most off colchester started to play ufs cause he introduced it to us (in my case introduced me properly unlike the people who showed me the game (WRONG))

Crazy Elf said:

so are you a corn off the old cob then.

I feel dirty......

Sweet, see all you crazy peeps t'in fortnight!