Attacking Tamalir

By Stefan, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Imagine I had three or even four lts. What would stop me of sending them all on Tamalir asap? The heroes would need to attack them one by one, and after the first fight they should be fairly damaged. I fail to see how they could stop the lts. Or are the siege tokens erased when the OL looses a battle, even if there are other lts present?

Stefan said:

Imagine I had three or even four lts. What would stop me of sending them all on Tamalir asap?

Nothing would stop you, it's legal. It's nicknamed the "Tamilar Rush".

Stefan said:

The heroes would need to attack them one by one, and after the first fight they should be fairly damaged. I fail to see how they could stop the lts. Or are the siege tokens erased when the OL looses a battle, even if there are other lts present?

Depends on what part of the campaign and how much treachery you had. At certain parts of the campaign (like late copper) lts are not that scary, especially if the heros have decent copper weapons, what your silver monster upgrade is and if you have no treachery. If it's early silver and your have a couple points of treachery and maybe gold and silver monster upgrades, then it's probably much tougher on the heroes.

And yes, the OL gets to keep all of the siege tokens on a city as long as one lt stays there. It does not matter which lt placed the siege engines.

So, basically, yes it's been done (a lot). I would venture to say that it's one of the easier OL strategies and something most hero groups need to learn to match for.