Dominion

By Kennon, in 8. AGoT Off Topic

Wow, I just played this for the first time tonight, and had to buy it, spending precious Christmas funding. Anyone else here try out this amazing card game?

never heard of it. website?

Whats it like?

Well, in a nutshell, each player builds a deck of cards as the game goes, and attempts to win. ;)

Everyone starts with the same 3 Estate cards (worth Victory points at the end of the game) and 7 copper to buy things with. Then, 10 stacks of Action cards are put in the center along with other Victory cards, and larger denominations of Treasure. Each turn you may play one action card from your hand, and then buy one thing. So there's a fun balance of buying more action cards that might help you draw more, buy more, steal from other players, etc, versus getting more money to buy things, versus purchasing victory points that don't do anything except clog your deck until the end of the game. It's really quite fun for how simple it is, and the really brilliant thing is that there are actually 25 different stacks that you can choose from. There are a handful of recommended assortments for different types of games, or you could have the players draft the stacks before you start, or choose them entirely at random. Games only take around half an hour and there is a HUGE amount of replayability based on the possible variations of the 25 stacks that could possibly be chosen as the 10 for that game.

It's been a hot seller, except I keep forgetting to order I. I finally have a few copies coming in this week or next when the next shipment comes in at my distributor. From everything I've been hearing, it's a great game.

Of course, I'm totally in love with Battlestar Galactica right now, and can't wait to play Android. And I just picked up the new versions of Titan and Formula D. It might be work to find time to try Dominion. But I will have to make it.