And thus begins...

By Requete, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

... my boycott of FFG.

Thanks for taking a crap on an interesting game, guys! So you want to make a hybrid of World of Warcraft and Magic: the Gathering? Great. But you and me, we're done.

In Soviet FFG, game plays you!

Sounds like you have it all worked out.

It's a good thing you haven't done something silly.

Like make a bunch of presumptions based on a one page marketing sheet.

Oh, wait...

Requete said:

... my boycott of FFG.

Thanks for taking a crap on an interesting game, guys! So you want to make a hybrid of World of Warcraft and Magic: the Gathering? Great. But you and me, we're done.

So what are you basing all this off of? where did you see rules showing a combination of a video game and collectible card game? When have you ever been to Russia, and do you know the basis of that linguistic joke?

Its a shame you'll be boycotting Rogue Trader, future Dark heresy releases, the new chaos board game, and all the other great things that FFG has put out that have nothing to do with Games Workshop properties.

A bunch of quick reference cards and some new dice are enough to gloss over character sheets, 4 books, and a ton of jobs to choose from? Seriously, I've been trying to put up a 'lets wait and see' approach to most of the people dooming this game before anything is really know.

Do me a favor and continue your boycott. I for one will continue waiting for more info like the kind in this post www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

Now why did i suddenly think of this webcomic I used to read when I still played MTG?

2004-07-21.jpg

I think the OP's promise of boycott is really cute, I really do... As long as he's just not another one of "those" guys. gran_risa.gif

CRasterImage said:

Sounds like you have it all worked out.

It's a good thing you haven't done something silly.

Like make a bunch of presumptions based on a one page marketing sheet.

Oh, wait...

Yea, what this guy said.

But anyway... Bye! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

I just dont know which is worse. That the OP starts a thread like this and forms an opinion about a game we don't really know sh*t just seen the props and game aids; OR that we actually read it and feel the urge to comment anything here. aplauso.gif

Anyways, feel free to break up with FFG before waiting for actual game infos and reviews come out. Good luck and good bye.

This guy is single!

Why do we comment on these posts? Is it a compulsion? Addiction? Mind control?

E

Just have the will power not to post.

Oh! ... er ... nevermind. Blast.

ejacobs said:

This guy is single!

Why do we comment on these posts? Is it a compulsion? Addiction? Mind control?

E

Cause it gives you an excuse to post witty webcomics as answers to the OP? gran_risa.gif

Requete said:

... my boycott of FFG.

Hail you who stand firm in your beliefs! You are truly blessed with the will of Ulric!

Why the soviet remark? I betcha Putin plays WFRPv3 with his shirt off for a nice photo op!

E

Maybe we should wait till we have seen an actual demo session of this new stuff. Although I think it was a bit fast with a new edtion of a game that just had begun developing, but let's see...