To the WFRP 3rd ed. developers

By Valadar, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

If any of you or the moderators are reading this, please pass on the message

I know that you have all been subjected to a fair amount of frustration from the client base (us) ever since the announcement of the 3rd edition. Please bare in mind that it is absolutely not personal.

I would personally like to thank you all for spending much time and effort upon this edition of the game. I am sure that it has not been easy to try and develop a system that would surpass or be on par with the 2nd edition. Even though there seems to be much hate going around on the subject, I believe it to be simply a shock reaction to what we have seen from a lot of the current players (this also including me) and find it a bit unwarranted. Criticism is all good and well but I believe a bit of positive reinforcement also helps a long way.

For all the naysayers, I understand and do feel your concerns. However, I believe it would be wise to simply see the final product and suggest afterwards what we would like to see in the game. That way, we convey our message much more clearly and it can be much more easily understood by the development team.

Once again, I would like to thank the developers on the effort they have spent designing the 3rd edtiion. Please do not feel discouraged from what you may have seen or heard. Even if we do gripe, we are always happy to see some people putting in effort to try and better what we all love and enjoy.

Thank you.

I concur.

And besides, the 2ed library has enough material that I don't have to buy another book to game in the warhammer world, ever. I just buy them because I have to have them all. Or till the money runs out.

It's the same for me. I have almost all the 2nd edition books but still have about 6-7 of them to get to complete the collection (untill they add more that is.) I've always been a big fan of the lore and that simply pushes my to buy them when they're available. I still have faith in FFG, I really like what I saw with Rogue Traders so I think a lot of what we've been saying really was a shock reaction. Anyways, only time will tell

Valadar said:

suggest afterwards what we would like to see in the game

I don't think that does any good. They first have to listen to the fans.

I have to agree, seeing people badmouth the developers is out of line IMO and it has happened pleanty in this forum. I'm actually fairly certain that this will be a good game, what I am worried about is that it will not be for me which is a shame because I really like the Warhammer universe and would love to get a Warhammer product with production values this high. The art teams look like they have pulled out all the stops to try and immerse the players in the world from the little I have seen. I just feel that some of the gameplay mechanics are not to my taste and if this is the case I probably won't get it.

We are at a point where we know so little that the little we do know is very easy to get annoyed at because we do know how it is going to be implimented. I think that releasing this information slowly from when design started would have been a better strategy as it tends to build excitement and interest over a long period of time. By holding back and letting people know that something is happening but not what is happening you have given them time to build up fears of what may happen to the game and they are now trying to find thier fears in what has been shown. You also gave people hopes of continuing the WFRP 2 line instead of doing what was right and telling them as soon as possible that the line was coming to an end so that they could get used to the idea. I think your marketing strategy is the root of the problem in this case.

I hope when we find out more then the fuss will die down and the effort the team has put in gets a chance to shine. Please FFG prove my fears to be unfounded, I want to get this game.

Kaihlik

onlinechaos said:

Valadar said:

onlinechaos said:

Valadar said:

The product has already been completed, there isn't much we can really say about it untill we see it with our own eyes. Giving demands based on a little information and speculation will not help resolve the issue. Once having seen it, we can be much clearer on our problems with the game.