Previews at GenCon etc. Well What about outside the USA?

By Lupinorc, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Perhaps stemming from my fondness of Tzeentch I am aware that, despite humans by nature rebel against it, change is quite often a good thing. You never know this "new" way of roleplaying in the grim and perilous warhammer world may end up being brilliant and be the harbringer of a roleplay revolution!

However, before I jump in head first I certainly would like the opportunity to "try before I buy". Obviously, events like GenCon are a great venue to do this, if you live in the States (and even then it may not be brilliant given the size of the country). But I, like many other players/GMs don't live in America, will FFG be presenting this at any other events, conventions and the like in Europe?

(Games Day UK is coming up next month, hint hint hint! Or are you not allowed more than one guy and one small table like last year?)

Sorry for the double post everyone!

I've just read the product description page and by all that is holy & unholy I hope this is available to have a look see at Games Day UK!

I have to see if this game really is the abomination it appears to be! Really really sorry to you FFG guys, I know you've spent ages working your butts off to make this game, I don't mean to sound ungrateful and I know full well what it is like to have your hard work criticised but what the hell is this!?

Has anyone seen the picture of ranged attack action card? It looks like this is called WHFRP 3 as the number signifies the age this game is aimed at.

Please, please, please FFG! Attend some UK (and mainland Europe) events! (Preferably Games Day). People this side of the pond really need to be able to see this before they buy it otherwise, I doubt you will receive many sales (certainly not from anyone in my gaming group, I admit it's not very large but I fear this is a common reaction judging by most of the posts).

Hopefully, we have all got the wrong end of the stick, we are all making wrong assumptions based on a typical knee jerk reaction to anything new and different. The only way to correct these incorrect views is demonstration, cos I bet no one is prepared to fork out that much $/£ for a game that they have serious doubts about!

Yes America is a huge country, I'm relatively close to gen con and its still an 8 hour drive away LOL. People in california, new york, texas, and florida are boned!!!

What sucks is for years upon years gen con was held in milwuakee, wisconsin. I lived in cleveland, Ohio. I move to milwuakee (not for gen con) and it moves out of milwaukee to Indianapolis, Illinois? Bugger ME!!!!

Good luck at games day, wish I could go and see how the brits do it.

Be sure to post every detail if you do get a demo, or buy it!!! :)

There are photos of several WHFRPG 3 products on this guy's blog:

http://thehopelessgamer.blogspot.com/

Looks like an Adventurer's Toolkit, Tome of Mysteries for Wizards, Tome of Blessings for Priests, and something large that I can't identify...

Can anyone tell if that pic of the wizard tome is a hardback or not? It looks like it has a fold down the spine as seen in hardbacks, but the shiny plastic makes it hard to tell.

It does have what appear to be character sheets underneath it though.

hellebore

Might be a box. All the other products look like boxes.

Well the wizard and priest tomes are supposed to be books rather than boxes, so I think they are books. I doubt they'd bother with putting the books in boxes inside another box...

hellebore

Prof_Nexus said:

There are photos of several WHFRPG 3 products on this guy's blog:

http://thehopelessgamer.blogspot.com/

Looks like an Adventurer's Toolkit, Tome of Mysteries for Wizards, Tome of Blessings for Priests, and something large that I can't identify...

Well the nice "card monsters" screams of Descent. Guess we only have to wait for the GW sanctioned plastics now. :(

Hellebore said:

Well the wizard and priest tomes are supposed to be books rather than boxes, so I think they are books. I doubt they'd bother with putting the books in boxes inside another box...

hellebore

Maybe they have extra Wizard/Priest Cards and Dice.

I'll bet FFG can't produce 3D miniatures for GW games.

Prof_Nexus said:

I'll bet FFG can't produce 3D miniatures for GW games.

Yeah probably not, they are already there. ;) So ffg produces cheap paper characters but we all know the kids will buy the "real stuff". ;)

Hellebore said:

hellebore

The wizard and priest tomes are 2 of the 4 books that come in the basic box, not expansions. Whether they're hardback or not remains to be seen, but they look softback to me (can't really tell though, could be wrong).

i was checking out those pictures from the blog....and I came across this...

3.bp.blogspot.com/_eqPrIE5E1OM/SoRCK5KBDmI/AAAAAAAAAGc/kCuHItjFC_A/s1600-h/0813091230-775642.jpg

it looks to me like standard character sheets will make an appearance...and while these are in color, the colors look easily photo copyable. As I've said in one other post, I'm reserving judgement until I have more information on how the system works. it looks to me like they're trying to keep people from flipping back and forth in books the whole time they game.

That would be nice if someone made pre painted miniatures for this game. Its not stepping on GW's turf because they don't produce singles for RP games, its all about the armies. THey will never make figures for rat catchers, and coachmen. So someone in FFG should pitch the idea. And calm down the GW properties manager.

And they better be pre painted, i've painted enough mini's for several lifetimes.

The character sheets give me hope. Hopefully the cards and cardboard player characters will only be an option for simplified play. Perhaps they've gone and combined both Warhammer Quest and WFRP, giving two different ways to play the game? It could happen, they had two types of armor options in the 2nd edition.

My bad, but where is the rat catcher LOL