Rocket Scenarios?

By afilter, in Wings of War (WWII)

Anyone done anything with a V1/V2 rocket scenario?

I believe the old AH Airforce game did something with this. Might be a fun solo game. Really just need one mauever card for straight distnce and try and then attempt to intercept and shoot them down. Similar to the baloon busting in the WWI game I would think except the target is now moving.

Hunting a V1 you mean? Good luck catching a V2.

Personally I think it would be cooler to hunt Jinrai bakas, you know the manned jap version of the V1. 2 or 3 Bakas and 6 Corsairs to intercept them before they hit the carrier. Could be hard to find the planes however, I have not seen V1any of them in 1/200.

Wow should release a Corsair but we ain't seing them until serie 5 or more. V1 and bakas is probably to much to hope for also.

It doesn't seem as tho' it'd be a very interesting fight -- the V1 flies in a straight line, so is easy to take out once hit. (How does one simulate FO Dean's gyro-scrambling trick? :) ) I suppose once heavy bombers are released, one could have a scenario of trying to shoot down the bombers before they launch....

csadn said:

It doesn't seem as tho' it'd be a very interesting fight -- the V1 flies in a straight line, so is easy to take out once hit. (How does one simulate FO Dean's gyro-scrambling trick? :) ) I suppose once heavy bombers are released, one could have a scenario of trying to shoot down the bombers before they launch....

Actually, a V1 was kinda hard to shot down because it was so fast that you only had one shot. But you are right, it is a lot more fun with the manned japanese ones.

As for the V2, bombing the ramps is totaly ok. It is impossible to shoot down an interballistic missile.

Nah, the most fun is to protect your carrier from the manned japanese flying bombs because they will try to avoid being hit.

Shooting down V1 is a good solomission if you want to play alone but otherwise it will take too short time to be really fun.