New Rules?

By David Spangler, in CoC Rules Discussion

I'm just wondering if the LCG version of CoC has new rules or if it plays the same as the original, collectable version? I suppose I'm wondering how much the game has changed or if it's changed at all.

David Spangler said:

I'm just wondering if the LCG version of CoC has new rules or if it plays the same as the original, collectable version? I suppose I'm wondering how much the game has changed or if it's changed at all.

It's the same game. There has been a change announced in deck construction though, limiting a card of any name to 3 copies instead of 4. I don't think there will be other shocking changes.

i assume conspiracies are included in the new rules....

Well conspiracies should be affected by this rule change...and I hope there wont be any other critical changes in the rules.

lordofmasks

looking at agot coreset rules, they didnt really add any new rules that i noticed other than during dominance using unspent gold for adding to the total. i know i said it on the other board a few times but agot has great multiplayer rules, maybe we might see new rules similar to that.

PearlJamaholic said:

looking at agot coreset rules, they didnt really add any new rules that i noticed other than during dominance using unspent gold for adding to the total. i know i said it on the other board a few times but agot has great multiplayer rules, maybe we might see new rules similar to that.

Couldn't agree more with this hope...

I'd really like to see a good multiplayer format in this game...

Thankfully the rules were posted for 3 or more player games, I found that it has a few quirks that keep it fairly determined. Such as if you work to stop a person, you might find yourself the one without readied characters to stop someone else who could take the lead. Part team work, part going it alone. It really seems to work well.

~Benji

I have found the 3+ rules somewhat combersome for play. But they will work when you only have a few players and using a tourney format will not work.