Underestimated Cards

By Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto, in Hollow Bastion

I have been having this idea for a while now, and have just been wondering, through time, cards that people thought may be underestimated in the game and would like to see more play. Give your reasons why, and maybe some reasons why not to play them too. I'll start my list.

White Mushroom-
He may be weak, but when it comes to especially Monstro LV 1, I feel he is a good card to take advantage of for at least 1 turn, since your opponent will only have 3 friends while you could potentially have much more. Again though, he is weak, and will die quick.

Comet-
At first looking at this tech, I thought, ah, 5 damage to all is ok, but I think I can do better. Not until I started working on a Minnie world racer. You get 3 comets, a Donald in play, and spaming comets, that hurts your opponents heartless pretty quick if you ask me. Not to much downside, except you need donald in play, which shouldn't be hard. That and not much to stop it, which is evil at the moment.

Fat Bandit (BoD)-
No support from friends, and no support from equipment is pretty funny. Add him with a sea neon, and he is a beast, given the fact that your opponent plays the typical Phil to stop you from playing Magic. I think he is pretty acceptable for a Lv 4 Heartless.

So let me know which cards you think are underestimated at the time. Maybe we can come up with some new stratigies while we are doing this as well, or open some eyes to something new.

Jiminy Cricket.

Ah, what to say bout this card? It's great (to me) for three reasons:

1) He's a level 0. Straight up an easy play right out of the hand, with no problems whatsoever.

2) He has 2 magic. One of the two (maybe three, I'd have to look) that is a level 0 who can cast 2 magic. Easily a bridge when you don't have a level 1 friend in hand, but a level 2 magic/friend (or a level 1 magic/friend, 'n a level 2 friend). Plus (for the World Runners), he can cast Cure, Cura, Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Gravity, 'n Areo. Pretty good for a lil cricket.

3) He has the 'Come Into Play' effect of lookin at the top three cards of your deck 'n puttin them back in any way you'd like. It's not a shuffle, so you don't lose HP from Capt'n Pete or Barbossa. 'N you are guarenteed to pull off the new Selphie/Kairi combo gettin all three of those cards. He actually makes the combo worth playin without losin any of the three cards. Certainly an additional bonus for a Draw Deck. In my speculations, he would go great in a Wisdom Deck, with the whole 'Quickly Get Through Your Deck As Many Times As Possible'. A World Runner's delight, actually, knowin the cards you need will be right back there for you sooner than later.

A bonus effect is he has +0 for support. He may not be able to help you in a fight very much, but he also won't hinder you either (lower your attack) if he has to go (Behemoth, etc..).

Needless to say, good ol' J.C. could help one out in a pinch, certainly.

BLACK FUNGUS LVL1

Your opponent plays Monstro. You can sacrifice a BF1 to play a 3rd Friend (Assuming your 3 spaces are all taken) and still play it at -1 to it's level. When my opponent Monstro's me I always keep my BF1s so I can have a potential LVL6 DragMal in hand which can be played a lot easier now.

Trothael said:

BLACK FUNGUS LVL1

I thought bout this one, considerin I'm almost done with my Dark Deck, but I figured I'd leave it for a better reasonin. C| ;) Good show, btw.

Also noted, Black Fungus enables a Dark Deck to drop certain cards on Monstro (like White Mushroom, for effect). REALLY good card.

My friend always had a thing for the gaurd armor. Yes, you need all three in your hand to get the benifits, but what a great quick way to really tick of an opponent. Could you imagine, your opponent thinking at first, ah, I only have a lv 2 world, what is the worse the can do? You drop one Dark Card, then a set of the Gaurd Armor for 4 heartless on a 2 Dark Limit world. I would like to see if it is very doable.

Doctor Finkelstien has potential.

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

My friend always had a thing for the gaurd armor. Yes, you need all three in your hand to get the benifits, but what a great quick way to really tick of an opponent. Could you imagine, your opponent thinking at first, ah, I only have a lv 2 world, what is the worse the can do? You drop one Dark Card, then a set of the Gaurd Armor for 4 heartless on a 2 Dark Limit world. I would like to see if it is very doable.

I've used this a lot to beat a World Racer deck running all level 1 world cards. It was pretty effective.

The thing is you don't need all 3 cards in order to pull this off. You just need the body + an arm and/or a leg. Meaning that if you only manage to draw two of the cards in a single hand, you can still throw two of them on your opponent's world card for a lesser effect instead of waiting for a third card that might not come. 2x of each was enough for me to get it consistently, but that was for a dark deck.

I think many people realized the potential of the new Sally, even though you redraw your deck discarding 5 cards can hurt your opponent if they aren't using any Discard Pile return cards (which with only one card that discards gives them little reason to).

Stopra is an underestimated card. As is Bambi.

Sluppie said:

Stopra is an underestimated card. As is Bambi.

Since when have they been underestimated? I thought Bambi was staple for Light decks...

Yea Bambi was never underestimated, and Stopra i never saw underestimated cause my friend had it in every aggro deck he made. lol

Sora_Yagami said:

I agree =)

Sora_Yagami said:

Sora_Yagami said:

I agree =)

Lawl.

Trothael said:

Sora_Yagami said:

Sora_Yagami said:

I agree =)

Lawl.

The Dr would be very nice for JoAT type deck I think. Anyone want to agree with that.

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

Trothael said:

Sora_Yagami said:

Sora_Yagami said:

I agree =)

Lawl.

The Dr would be very nice for JoAT type deck I think. Anyone want to agree with that.

No, because the problem with the Dr. is that he gets almost blanked by one of the most popular cards in the environment: Monstro.

And there was a time when I was laughed at for running Stopra in an aggro deck. As far as underestimated cards go, the air magics, I think, are the most underestimated right now.

Fairbanks said:

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

Trothael said:

Sora_Yagami said:

Sora_Yagami said:

I agree =)

Lawl.

No, because the problem with the Dr. is that he gets almost blanked by one of the most popular cards in the environment: Monstro.

And there was a time when I was laughed at for running Stopra in an aggro deck. As far as underestimated cards go, the air magics, I think, are the most underestimated right now.

I can't wait for world removal that's good!

pfff the doctor is awesome for WR. even with monstro you bring in 3 then keep the 3 highest attack values clear your world play the next world and your good for that turn. remember they dont count as a play so im pretty sure you can take 3 lvl 4s without having a 3.