newbie question on expansions, Cards and merging.

By morpheus673, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi All

I am going to be playing a game of descent tonight (first as overlord) 4th game in total (3 as player).

As the first few have been easy I have decided to include an expansion or two (Wod/AoD).

My question is do I include both expansions at same time or should I just have the base game + 1 expansion ? ie. Base game + WoD but if I want to include AoD should I first remove all WoD cards ?

I have started off by merging both in but this gives me 1 card in deck that is bin for 10 threat and 2 treachery cards that do the same (which I have put into deck and removed razorwings for). This seems like it could be overpowered so wondered also if their was rule preventing this. Sorry I cant remember the names of card and cant check as at work.

Hope above makes sense

Yes, there are indeed 3 copies of the Danger card but slightly different. So it is legal to have 3 in your deck if you pay the Treachery cost of 2 of them.

The game also works perfectly well (possibly better) with multiple expansions operating together.

The only problem you might have is that because FFG always assume only the base game + the current expansion (if any) when writing rules, there may be rules interactions that they have not directly addressed. Most of these are covered by FAQ rulings or GloAQ rulings though, or common sense (which is often in short supply!).

Thank you all for your help