CC Hacking "No CC neccesary"

By vermillian2, in UFS Rules Q & A

There is apparently disgreement about this... so copy paste answer from previous forums, and/or answer it again here.

Can I CC hack a "no control check neccesary" effect (that sets a control check value with something instead of making a CC)

Yes.

If you, say, Form with Ancient Arts of Combat and set a 5cc, then go to play a card... you won't make a control check off the top of your deck, but a control check of 5 will still be generated by the "floating" effect of AAoC, so there will still be "before a control check is made" and "after a control check is made" windows.

What about a card that is played without a CC? You stated on the other thread that you cannot hack the check for it. Is this because the check has no number?

If there's no CC at all - say, with Material Advantage - then that's correct, no CC to hack at all.

Wasent it ruled on the old boards, specifically with ancent arts of combat, that you couldnt hax a check that wasent being made. I remember specific instances where the question came up about using BRT against a set check from AAOC and the ruling was that you would have to BTR when the AAoC ability was used because once its set its set and when the next check comes around there is no check so it CANNOT be hacked at that point.

the discussion about AAoC and CC hacks had nothing to do with whether you could hack the check later on. I don't recall exactly what the question was because the original post made an incorrect assumption, but there was no such ruling about being unable to hack a set check later.

That's true. If you wanna hack the check, why not hack it when AAoD's ability is played? Sounds pretty obvious now, since it won't be able to be hacked later.