Other units down the road...

By Toolian, in Wings of War (WWII)

There a ton of other aircraft I would like to see first such as the P-40

But once we get a nice collection of other aircraft would anyone like to see a C-47 (or other transport aircraft) for air drop missions with German fighters intercepting.

I don't know about the C-47, that would have to be way down the road for me. I'd like to see some bombers arrive first, a good selection (if not all) for all sides, before any cargo aircraft show up. Though I would like to see a special PBY make an appearance; I can't think of three paint schemes to go along with it to make it worthwhile as anything other than a one off mini though.

E

PBY would be great in a Navy box set.

Have a Submarine car for it to destroy with ASW.

As for 3 different paint scheme, that is easy

the US had a Navy blue and a light blue

and the Brits and a great exotic looking one.

Well there you have it. We need a PBY! Start cranking out those minis. I would imagine that they are great sellers so production can be increased and more models can be released. Here's to hoping!

E

My only concern with larger aircraft is the scale. Bombers in the game would alost have to be a card simial to the ballons in the WWI game. I was looking at some 1/300 models at the LGF thinking they were big. 1/200 will be huge requiring a large stand to make it work. They would be neat and almost required for any serious European scenarios.

As for other planes obviuos ones to me are:

Europe:

P-51, P-47, B-17, B-24, FW190, JU88,

Pacific:

Devastator/Avenger, B-25, Corsair,Kate, Betty, Geoprge

That is just for staters :)

afilter said:

My only concern with larger aircraft is the scale. Bombers in the game would alost have to be a card simial to the ballons in the WWI game. I was looking at some 1/300 models at the LGF thinking they were big. 1/200 will be huge requiring a large stand to make it work. They would be neat and almost required for any serious European scenarios.

As for other planes obviuos ones to me are:

Europe:

P-51, P-47, B-17, B-24, FW190, JU88,

Pacific:

Devastator/Avenger, B-25, Corsair,Kate, Betty, Geoprge

That is just for staters :)

Well, there are some plastic and tin models in the scale already, and you could actually use 2 or 3 stands if they get too big otherwise. Already using card for the baloons suck badly, either using actual models or at least something 3D (A ping pong ball on a wow stand would be better....

No, if I start with WW2 also I will find the bombers and get them mounted, otherwise I don't see the need for the models of the fighters either.

l_BM1_6.jpg

A Skytrex WW1 baloon, no stupid card here :)