Dawnforge Sourcebooks/Additional Info

By antigenius, in Legacy Game Discussion

Dawnforge is easily my favorite campaign setting which makes it all the more unfortunate that it didn't win WotC's contest all those years ago. I'm wondering if the reason we only have three books for the setting is due to the contest rules. I seem to recall reading somewhere that WotC retained the rights to all the submissions. Any truth to this, or did the project simply peter out due to lack of interest?

I'd have loved to see where FFG went with the setting. What else they had planned, other sourcebooks, etc... It's a great world. Kinda bummed we got Eberron instead.

As a somewhat-related question, does anyone know of any other source of info? A wiki, forums, or some similar project. I have some stuff I'd like to add as well as look into what others have written.

Looks like no one has any leads on either the WotC contest or any sort of Dawnforge community. I'll pose an additional question, then.

Would anyone be interested in starting such a community?

If memory serves all the mechanics portions of the Dawnforge books are OGL. Mainly asking the FFG folks here, but is this correct? Also, since the books are out of print would we be able to post the fluff online?

This is such a great campaign setting I'd hate to see it fade into obscurity. There must be something out there.