I am lost on magic / Magic-Friend cards

By Last Messiah, in Rules Discussions

some cards like lord fortune have come out to say that they specify magic only and not magic-friend cards, but donald Lv.4 says search for any magic card. What is the difference in specification and why does it matter? does any card that says "magic" imply both unless it notes only one like lord fortune, or doe anything go at that point.

same question goes toward cards that say they recieve damage only from magic cards....does this imply magic-friends cards too?

Cards that say search for a magic card (Donald lvl 4) mean both magic card and magic friend card. Wizard prevents Magic and magic friend cards from being played but certain cards will specifically say magic/friend or magic card (like Lord fortune or Fairy Godmother).

Magic/friends are friends until they hit the board then they are considered friend cards, and their damage is done just like a friend card.

thanks!

that helps so much. i have been trying to build a donald based magic deck and i wanted to know exactly what the difference was.

Thanks again.

I still dont get it about the magic cards. Some say that I can use magic cards to attack a player card, but I just dont use them. I cant use them untill my question is all clear! is that true?....can I use magic cards on a player card?

no you can not use them to directly attack a player card. but you can use them to add to your attack value when in a challenge

Roxas_Lawliet said:

Magic/friends are magic until they hit the board then they are considered friend cards, and their damage is done just like a friend card.

fix'd :)

Thanks a lot! ;)

no problem. thats what we are here for

I asked this question in the wrong area, and got a short answer, that did not help too much. Could I get more clairification?

I have Sora, Bambi and Aladin participating in a battle against a Large Body. Total attack value is 11, and I want to play/cast a Fire spell to help me defeat it.

Question 1- can Aladin cast spell, with the magic card AND his support value both adding to the damage dealt to the Large Body

and

Two - If i would rather have Donald, who is in my Friends area, cast the spell, how would that work? (i.e. can he do so without participating in the battle and thus not being discarded, must he participate in the battle, or can it/must it be done as a separate action - in which case would the damage from the spell carry over into the battle or not, that sort of thing.)

Thanks for the help.

WeirdUsername wrote:

No, they do not need to be discarded after they cast.

For future reference, go to the Rules discussions section of the forum.

Thanks.

Yes, Aladdin may cast the spell, and add his support. As for the second, yes, Friends in the Friend Area may cast spells without participating in the battle or challenge. I'm sorry I didn't answer everything the first time, I should have reread my answer.

Thanks for the help!!