Killing Blow Vs. OL Dodge

By Ubbo_Sathla, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

ok question of the week is

Which card makes the attack final? Killing blow or dodge?

how do these 2 cards interact?

would the dodge let u reroll then the hero does killing then u reroll again? or can u play a second dodge?

or does the first person to blink and play the card lose to the other card?

Ubbo_Sathla said:

would the dodge let u reroll then the hero does killing then u reroll again? or can u play a second dodge?

Killing Blow.

Play after rolling the dice in a melee attack.
The hero chooses the results of that attack roll, placing those sides of the dice faceup, except that the hero cannot change the facing result of the red die.

The dodge would still affect the red dice, but the killing blow is not negated by rerolling the other dice as far as I can see. All the dodge roll does is allow a reroll. The rerolled dice (except the Red) would still be covered by the Killing Blow.

I can see that other POV are possible though.

Corbon said:

Ubbo_Sathla said:

Killing Blow.

Play after rolling the dice in a melee attack.
The hero chooses the results of that attack roll, placing those sides of the dice faceup, except that the hero cannot change the facing result of the red die.

The dodge would still affect the red dice, but the killing blow is not negated by rerolling the other dice as far as I can see. All the dodge roll does is allow a reroll. The rerolled dice (except the Red) would still be covered by the Killing Blow.

I can see that other POV are possible though.

In the vanilla rules it says that dodge and aim cancel each other out. I might be liable to state the same here. You are effectively "rerolling" the dice, but choosing most of the dice results as you like.