Spectral Hands

By Cardinalsin2, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

So, once upon a time one of my players asked if her psyker could use spectral hands to throw a grenade. I pondered for a while and said yes, she could, but would be rolling against WS to target the grenade, instead of BS.

A little down the line, I was inspecting the telekinesis disciplines and began to wonder if my earlier ruling effectively made spectral hands better than many of the TK powers. It has better range, and provides a pretty sturdy shove (Strength = Willpower for the effect, so for a high-level psyker that could be pretty high). The main disadvantages are the lack of precision and the fact it can't be sustained.

Anyway, she's now buying krak grenades for specific use with spectral hands. I need to decide whether I'm going to stick with the ruling or not, asap. What do people think? Possibilities:

a) It is broken and shouldn't be allowed

b) It's ok, use it; unmodified WS applies and using the grenade is a full action (pulling the pin is assumed not to take any time)

c) Some variant on b, e.g. a penalty to hit for the lack of precision from spectral hands, or a half action to pull the pin, or similar.

I'd also welcome general thoughts on whether spectral hands is indeed better than many TK powers, and if not, why not.

whell my GM told me that with spectral hands it was like you got an extend flat surface at the size of your palm you could use to deflect a granade or a stone put you can't pick things up or lets say prime a granade or open a door. and you can't effect a living target like hitting a person from a fare.