Painted Conan Set

By WaterlooJacob, in Age of Conan

I am just wondering if anyone has painted their Conan set. If so, I'd love to see pictures. Has anyone painted the towers? How do they come out? Do they still fit together afterwards?

I have yet to even touch the painting of that hefty set. But I think painting the towers should be fairly straight forward. I would probably just give them a heavier coat of matte clear coat on the top and bottom of the pieces where they connect. Or just set them on top without clicking them and if that doesn't work sticky tack.

Thanks for the advice on the towers. I've started painting my set and hopefully I will get pictures up soon. 8 down and over 100 to go. :)

Jakews said:

Thanks for the advice on the towers. I've started painting my set and hopefully I will get pictures up soon. 8 down and over 100 to go. :)

So how did the towers work out for you?

The towers and forts look great, but they no longer fit together so I just rest one on top of the other without clicking it in. The towers particularily look gorgeously stunning!

Awesome! Any chance we can see some pics?

Some day. I am 6 units away from finishing the red army. I don't get a lot of time to paint due to work and other commitments.

Cool! Well if and when your able. Looking forward to seeing the finished set!

Its always impreessive when people get this and war of the ring painted. Even wargamers who paint a lot have difficulty in completing the painting of these games.

I've painted a few. The link to my blog has a pic of the Conan fig.

How do we get to your blog?

Nice to see more people painting! I started my AoC painting project last year, but have so far only finished the Aquilonians (no basing yet though). You can have a look at my blog, Fire Broadside!

Since I moved recently all my board games are in boxes riding the high seas, but when they arrive I'm definitely planning to finish up with the rest of the armies.

Also, would love to see your forts/towers Jakew!

Poe said:

Nice to see more people painting! I started my AoC painting project last year, but have so far only finished the Aquilonians (no basing yet though). You can have a look at my blog, Fire Broadside!

Since I moved recently all my board games are in boxes riding the high seas, but when they arrive I'm definitely planning to finish up with the rest of the armies.

Amazing work! I'm not a talented painter at all, so I'm thinking about getting a quote from PaintedFigs.com to see how much it would be to get them to paint the entire set.

Cool blog and nice job on the figs!

Cimmerian said:

Cool blog and nice job on the figs!

Thanks! When i get my Age of Conan back I'll finish the other nations as well.

Poe said:

Most excellent job on the mini's. Please post more photos as you complete them!

I am almost fully done my set. Is there anyway to upload the photos to here without having a URL to another server?