Oathkeeper Equipment question

By Fate5, in Rules Discussions

"When a 'Kairi' card is in your Friend Area, you can equip this card to a "Sora" or Mysterious Boy" card. When you defeat a Dark/Heartless Card, you gain +1 HP."

Can't you just normally equip the Oathkeeper anytime when you got it in your hand, or it can only be equipped through certain means like Sora needs Kairi first in the Friend Area or Roxas's own effect/Hayner's effect.

Fate said:

"When a 'Kairi' card is in your Friend Area, you can equip this card to a "Sora" or Mysterious Boy" card. When you defeat a Dark/Heartless Card, you gain +1 HP."

Can't you just normally equip the Oathkeeper anytime when you got it in your hand, or it can only be equipped through certain means like Sora needs Kairi first in the Friend Area or Roxas's own effect/Hayner's effect.

I think they just put Roxas's name on the Oathkeeper card to just tell us that the "mysterious boy" can equip it. Since Kairi is not from Twilight Town, and can't be used as a Twilight Town friend (She's from Destiny Island) I would think you can just equip it to Roxas, but for Sora it is a different case since you can play Kairi with Sora and that Sora does not have a auto search-and-equip card effect like Roxas.

Here's how I see it.

You need Kairi to equip it to Sora.

Roxas can start with it equipped due to his card effect. Say he loses it somehow, after that he can only equip it when you play Hayner.

WayToTheDawn said:

Here's how I see it.

You need Kairi to equip it to Sora.

Roxas can start with it equipped due to his card effect. Say he loses it somehow, after that he can only equip it when you play Hayner.

In other words, you cannot equip Oathkeeper out of your hand at anytime without fulfilling its conditions.

sungtrs said:

Fate said:

I think they just put Roxas's name on the Oathkeeper card to just tell us that the "mysterious boy" can equip it. Since Kairi is not from Twilight Town, and can't be used as a Twilight Town friend (She's from Destiny Island) I would think you can just equip it to Roxas, but for Sora it is a different case since you can play Kairi with Sora and that Sora does not have a auto search-and-equip card effect like Roxas.

Roxas auto equips it or it gets equiped if lost via Hayner so Kairi is unnessicary for him. Sora must have a Kairi in play to get Oathkeeper to work.

Thank you Roxas....always there to simplify my wordy rulings, lol.