Armada TuckboxCollection

By SirWillibald, in Star Wars: Armada

EDIT:

Since this thread has gone far beyond simple tuckboxes, there's a multifunctional tuckbox for damage cards, a dice box and card holders. Either read through the various posts (you'll find plenty of pictures) or visit http://www.sirwillibald.com to find all of this and more in one place.

Hi everybody,

I started my Armada TuckboxCollection, beginning with the damage deck box in version for sleeved and another version for unsleeved cards:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/116182/tuckboxcollection

unbena12.jpg

Going to add more preview pictures soon incl. photos of actually build boxes.

If you like it, you're encouraged to give this a like over at BGG :)

More boxes to come, stay tuned.

Note: Even though the measurements (width and height) are taken from the identical sized X-Wing boxes I couldn't test build them, waiting for a new printer (my old one died last week). I'm pretty sure the thickness is OK but I can't promise 100%. If you're reluctant to print it, wait for my test run (printer is already ordered).

Feel free to bother me with questions, mistakes or else!

Edited by SirWillibald

Looks great, will have to give it a try!

Awesome work as always, thanks SirWillibald :)

I just printed, assembled and tested the sleeved box. It's a perfect fit. Well done. Can't wait for the other boxes for all my tokens and dice etc.

I just printed, assembled and tested the sleeved box. It's a perfect fit. Well done. Can't wait for the other boxes for all my tokens and dice etc.

Hmm, never thought of that, my dice and tokens usually get foam core trays. But if that is desired by a few people I can give it a try after the card boxes. Opinions?

Only if you feel you have nothing better to do. I'd be happy with more boxes of course, but I'd be just as happy to continue using plastic bags for tokens and dice.

Only if you feel you have nothing better to do. I'd be happy with more boxes of course, but I'd be just as happy to continue using plastic bags for tokens and dice.

Sorry, too late, I already throw the idea idea into the german community to check demand and they are already freakin' me out with wishes, ideas and suggestions. Best one among those was a "Kartenspenderbox" - hell, how can I translate this, dispenser box for damage cards? The idea is to prevent sleeved cards from sliding when on a pile.

Really, no idea how to translate it, but this intrigued me so much, I already did a prototype, see for yourself:

And you're welcome to come up with a good english name, I'm almost certainly going to do this one in neat and decorated. :)

Edited by SirWillibald
Really, no idea how to translate it, but this intrigued me so much, I already did a prototype, see for yourself:

I just wanted to say thank you for doing such great work! I really appreciate it (b^.^)b

Okay, the neat one is ready:

20150414.jpg

Over at BGG you find v1.1, a few more preview pictures and a bit explanation. It's really easy to build! And yes, there's an english version, too.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/116182/tuckboxcollection

Edited by SirWillibald

Another update, just uploaded a box for objective and reference cards, should be live soon on BGG!

Woo woo! Awesome again - your creativity knows no bounds! I'll be printing these out tonight...

Thanks again for your excellent work :) These really do look great and work well.

Made the card dispenser thingy. It works great, and is strong even though I printed it on weak printer paper. I rate 10/10.

Edited by SniperSnake28

Is the objective & ref card box sized for sleeved or non-sleeved cards?

It's for sleeved cards, should have added this information to BGG. Need a non-sleeved version?

Printed and assembled the damage deck dispenser box and I absolutely love it. I looked for the same for X-wing but couldn't find it. Does the X-wing damage dispenser deck box exist?

It's for sleeved cards, should have added this information to BGG. Need a non-sleeved version?

Thanks. I don't need a non-sleeved version but thanks for asking :) Its only damage cards I don't sleeve, but seeing your dispenser box that might change.

Printed and assembled the damage deck dispenser box and I absolutely love it. I looked for the same for X-wing but couldn't find it. Does the X-wing damage dispenser deck box exist?

No, it doesn't. :(

Not yet, I just invented the dispenser box while working on the Armada boxes, had no time to do an X-Wing version yet. But it's on my list!

Its only damage cards I don't sleeve, but seeing your dispenser box that might change.

Well, I think this counts as success. :)

And you're welcome to come up with a good english name, I'm almost certainly going to do this one in neat and decorated. :)

Pimp my Damage Deck, thank you.

Awesome box of little suprises for my opponent. :ph34r:

Built a Damage Dispenser box last night, works perfectly thanks !

Any recommendations on paper weight/quality? I'm going to try my hand at these and want them to have a sturdy, professional feel to them (outside of my folding ability).

https://www.paperandmore.com/content/understanding-paper-weights

https://www.paperandmore.com/solid-cardstock

I printed on 200g/m2, sturdy enough for me, but I don't think that anything up to 300g/m2 should be a problem (just check if your printer can handle it!)

As for the paper color I strongly suggest to use white paper, even cream white will change the look of the color.

If you're OK with that, no problem, you can even print it on pink paper. ;)

Edited by SirWillibald

Thanks for the quick reply. I was just looking for weight. I'm going white/brilliant white all the way. But these guys have all the way up to 447g/m2! I'm not even sure that will work. They'll sell single sheets for $0.50, though, so I might grab a sheet just to see. I'm also seeing linen and canvas sheets, sounds interesting.

I used 220 gsm which worked just fine (my printer struggles with anything more than that).