Game Sleeves?

By XmenDynasty, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I love the idea of Card sleeves that actually fit this and other FFG games. This will be a GREAT way to protect all the cards AND make the cards I print off myself a bit less obvoiusly Home-Grown. But does FFG seem to charge a bit more than is necessary for their own stuff? I want to be able to come directly to them with my business, but other retailers have much better prices on the stuff than FFG does. Aside from the odd pack of dice, I never shop at the FFG website anymore and I would love to.

Here's a link to MayDay Games. They are coming out (in August, I think) with the same exact Card Sleeve sizes and are selling them in packs of 100 for $2.49. That's ½ price.

http://maydaygames.com/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=sleeves+only&x=0&y=0

I wish FFG could be a bit more competative (Price-wise) with the retail sites. At least on their own stuff. I'll keep buyin' their stuff, but not from them. llorando.gif

To be fair, the Mayday Games sleeves are 40 microns, and the FFG Supply sleeves are 100 microns.

Mayday offers that thickness with their Premium Euro (Dominion-sized) Card Sleeves already, and charges $2.50/50 pack. That's still a little cheaper than the $2.99/50 that FFG is charging, but far from half the price for the same product.

Not that Mayday has announced a Premium USA Card Sleeve yet, but I would guess they would follow the same pricing.