Tekken Previews

By Korrin, in UFS Uk Forum

So, what are the UK's thoughts on the 2 new Tekken previews that have gone up?

Personally, I really like them both - King clearly has a throw theme, and the anti-handsize ability is...interesting.

Samba, well it looks pretty solid, and pretty cool artwork.

Kev

yeah, king looks very interesting. anti-handsize gives potential for a control king. I vote King to become the new dhalsim LMAO.

Samba's fairly standard

The King throw is very sexy.

I'm not a fan of the Combo E. An 8diff (that attack as the third card) in a deck that runs 2cc's isn't looking that fantastic, especially when you realise that King will be <6hs.

The standard E though is absolute love. On the GD board they're already thinking of Ralph + king throws. Any character who can recur and possibly chain these is going to be very strong. Two of these in a turn back to back could set up opponent time-walks and next-turn victories.

The Christy card seems like so-so (maybe 'cause I'm not a fan of Christy). It's fairly standard fare, decent attack recursion but requires two previous attacks. So you're looking at hitting it on a six to recur a low kick that if/when you play it again that turn will already be at +2diff (that kick plus the mid already in pool). That's a lot to be asking, unless the low is an omega-level-kick-of-flaming-doom.

king's throw is tarded.

And to think it's legal for nats ¬_¬

Lo dudes! Yeah, liken the King attack, the Samba one, solid but not game winning. If this is a prelude for the rest of the set, bring it on!

Does any one know when our pre-release will be? Should I hazard a guess and say the week after the yankland one?

Official PreRelease Page: www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp is here.

It is due to be held on August Bank Holiday weekend, which in theory means the product would be released on 4th September if FFG stay true to the usual format. That in theory means Tekken would be released two weeks before the Nationals.

Personally I'll be running the event on Sunday 6th September in theory. The details are more or less finished and look like this:

Starts: 10:00

Entry: £25.00 - Players receive SIX Tekken Boosters, 1 Flash of Blades, Fortune & Glory and Domination Booster, 1 Soul Arena or Dark Path Starter.

Prizes: Tekken Boosters and Promos, plus anything else I can find. happy.gif

Anyhoo, enough thread jacking.

* puts on confused hat*

So our pre-release weekend is the same as USA? And you are running yours the weekend AFTER the pre-release (indeed, after the official release date)?

Oh so confusing!! sad.gif

So does that mean we can still book them for the Bank Holiday weekend? I think I would get hit with a frying pan if I tried to scam a whole weekend of UFS playing (no matter how fun that would be!)

Tallgeese said:

Official PreRelease Page: www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp is here.

It is due to be held on August Bank Holiday weekend, which in theory means the product would be released on 4th September if FFG stay true to the usual format. That in theory means Tekken would be released two weeks before the Nationals.

Personally I'll be running the event on Sunday 6th September in theory. The details are more or less finished and look like this:

Starts: 10:00

Entry: £25.00 - Players receive SIX Tekken Boosters, 1 Flash of Blades, Fortune & Glory and Domination Booster, 1 Soul Arena or Dark Path Starter.

Prizes: Tekken Boosters and Promos, plus anything else I can find. happy.gif

Anyhoo, enough thread jacking.

So this is your prerelease tournemanet details? Or Nats???? *confused*

It's his pre-release details.

The official pre-release date is the final weekend in August, which is, here in the UK, a Bank Holiday. Steve (and infact myself) aren't around that weekend, so both of us will be pushing our pre-release events to the following week (so it'll be more like a release event, rather than a pre-release)

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Kev

Good news for me, since I'm probably not around that weekend either.

King's attack looks immense, though another must-have UR attack is a little disheartening. I'd still like to see the uber-powerful attacks be a little more available.

Korrin said:

It's his pre-release details.

The official pre-release date is the final weekend in August, which is, here in the UK, a Bank Holiday. Steve (and infact myself) aren't around that weekend, so both of us will be pushing our pre-release events to the following week (so it'll be more like a release event, rather than a pre-release)

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Kev

Thanks Kev, the hat is back in the box. SWEEETTT!!!!! If I plan this right, I may be able to run one on the Bank Holiday, then see all you peeps teh following weeks at Steve's! Oh the tears of joy and fear are flowing!

King is WRONG serious how many king decks are we going to see its going to be sick

I call first dibs!! lol

how many people are going to be building him?

i know one person in our meta is already doing so and i realy dont want to but im realy tempted to build him too, i think the rest of the world does aswell!

OMG BROKENZORZ!

I've got a feeling he'd make a perfect face card for one of my existing decks, since it's already throw-based and running off earth.

Want to see Kazuya next. happy.gif

ChaosChild said:

I've got a feeling he'd make a perfect face card for one of my existing decks, since it's already throw-based and running off earth.

Want to see Kazuya next. happy.gif

And as soon as I post that, they post this .

Built in Infiltrating. That's all I'm going to say.

thought they were gunna bring the power level of characters down ???

Yeah, but imagine the look on your opponents face when you Tag Along him "OK, I respond with Inhuman, oh wait I blew it up......OK OK, Seal of Cessation......**** IT!!!!"

Although I guess if you run lesser of many evils, that's pretty much it.... or that action that lets you stop a response, unless they stop that. Oh dear, I sense a control wars coming on!!! Lucky theres only one version of him ATM!!

and he cant even use Kung Fu Training to stop Tag Alongs lol. I actually really like his Enhance. His form is really only there IMO if his opponent is getting lock down too quickly, since with no 2 checks in his deck, if he goes second he can play another version of himself turn 1.