Valor Form + Kingdom Key

By Sluppie, in Hollow Bastion

I'm not entirely sure where to put this post buuuut.... It's not exactly a rules question and it's not really about deck building either.

Disclaimer: I don't have my cards yet so I can't exactly check the card text, therefore this post may be completely silly.

The way I understand it is this:

Sora has these two cards he can use to boost the amount of damage he does in a challenge: Kingdom Key and Valor Form.

Now let's say you're running Sora level 1. The difference in levels means that, when Kingdom Key is equipped, Sora will do 2 HP of damage for each time he wins a challenge against a level 3 player card, a measly 1 HP of damage if he beats a level 2 player card, or 0 HP of damage against another level 1 card. I'm not sure, but by the wording on the card it seems as though this damage is done in addition to the normal damage done in a challenge, making the total damage done equal to 3 against a level 3, 2 against a level 2, and 1 against a level 1.

You also have Valor Form, which adds another 1 HP of damage for winning a challenge.

With both of these you could kill Sora level 3 from set 1 in one hit. You could also reduce the HP of Set 2's Riku from 5 to 1 in one turn. Devastating, no?

But obviously level 1 and level 2 player cards have much less trouble.

(Granted, this all depends upon whether you're using Valor Form's level or Sora level 1's level when deciding how much Kingdom Key hurts. I guess that could make this a rules discussion...)

Does this mean that Sora level 1 is the new player card of choice for Aggro players? Also, does this mean that players won't be able to use level 3 cards and expect to have a chance? Are there counters to this quick-win strategy? Will anyone ever play World Racer again? Discuss!

As far as I can see from the spoilers, the forms are lvl 3 players and unless you're facing ansem, the kingdom key won't add to the additional 1 life lose from valor form.

but if someone is lucky enough to get in 1 hit with level 1-3 sora with kingdom key against ansem, it's pretty much game, very possible if sora is first and gets kingdom key and some friends, much less incentive to play ansem now.

i just cant believe they would want to cripple ansem so much. he never hurt anyone. lol

I thought about this too a bit...and while I believe it would be looking at Valor's Level (I'd assume it has a level on it for a reason afterall.) when calculating damage...that doesn't mean it couldn't be a nice backup plan if you A) don't get Valor out before your opponent or B) Lose the Valor mirror match and be forced to play catch up. So I think it could work....maybe...?

Will anyone ever play WR again? 5 words: Cerberus and Cave of Wonders

I'll play WR!! I like challenges!

It'll give me some things to do with the extra cards I gather. Gotta have some things to do in the mean time, aye?

WayToTheDawn said:

Will anyone ever play WR again? 5 words: Cerberus and Cave of Wonders

Kingdom Key is good for the deck no question. it may not do nothing more than give you a wakka effect but it's a lot harder to get rid of than wakka and when you are normal Sora it can give you a nice life sweep 3 hp a turn is awesome.

To rephrase the quote I think you mean will WR be a top teir deck? I doubt it. Riku aggro and Valor form seem too good to not run in a tournament setting.