Desert Wars January 10th-11th Block 3

By Zi Mei, in UFS Fan Announcements

This is the first Regional event being hosted in Arizona. It is also going to be the first block 3 event in 2009.

Will be held at Atomic Comics Phoenix Location.
This event will be Block 3 meaning all cards and characters must have the 4-point shuriken.

Store Information:
10215 N. 28th Drive #A1
Phoenix, Az 85051

(602)395-1066

Saturday: Singles

Entrance Fee: $10
New current banning/errata will be in effect.

Diversity will be in effect.

Registration starts at 12:30.
Round 1 starts at 1:30.

Saturday: Teams

Entance Fee: $15 (for entire team)

Registration starts at 11:30.
Round 1 starts at 12:00.

Prizes:

Singles:
1st place: 1st place regional card plaque. 1 box of set 11 sf or snk set. Promo regional packs. Custom UFS vitality counter. Custom UFS art print. 2nd-8th: place get packs from many sets. Also get promo regional packs. Custom UFS vitality counter. 2nd place also gets custom UFS art print.

Team's:
1st place: packs, Promos, ufs custom art print.
2nd place: pack's, promos.
3rd-4th place: 3 packs per team with promos.

All participants get a promotional foil only available by going to a regional event.

Also for food places:
Burger king
Wendy's
Red Lobster
Chili's
Subway
Sizler
Mimi's Cafe'
Olive Garden
Pei Wei
Chipotle'
Peter Piper Pizza

Are all next to this store so there is plenty of places to eat!

Hope to see you guys there.

so this being a 2-day event, i'm guessing Sunday is for finals?

mrhomiec said:

so this being a 2-day event, i'm guessing Sunday is for finals?

No Sat is singles , Sun is teams.

Yea I was gonna say...

Anyway, is there any reason there's no mention of this on the actual Atomic Comics' online event list?

Oh yea, and...

Saturday: Singles

Entrance Fee: $10

Hands off mah Yuri!

By the way, in lieu of a PM function I'd like to ask Brett/Archimedes if'n he wants to car pool.

Polygon said:

By the way, in lieu of a PM function I'd like to ask Brett/Archimedes if'n he wants to car pool.

Kool glad you can make it I will be there with reping the dirty south .

Scubadude said:

Kool glad you can make it I will be there with reping the dirty south .

Which one? =P

Scubadude said:

that's what i thought, but it says the same thing on both this forum, and the old forum.

i guess an edit feature would be nice to add in.

mrhomiec said:

Scubadude said:

that's what i thought, but it says the same thing on both this forum, and the old forum.

i guess an edit feature would be nice to add in.

Well I see it saying " Sat singles , Sun Teams . Then also in the title it lists 2 days for the event so you can take that to heart man .

i figured it was either that, or copy like Worlds, and have top cut finals on Sunday.

mrhomiec said:

i figured it was either that, or copy like Worlds, and have top cut finals on Sunday.

No teams sunday singles sat top cuts for both same days its how it typically works for coastal events. And I will be representing FL with my buddy scooter gaines coming from TN.

Polygon said:

Wait. There are still people in Tucson wanting to play UFS?

What the heck?

Dude.

Archimedes said:

What the heck?

Dude.

Sort of. We got about 2 and 1/2 people still eager and maybe 3-4 and a 1/2 more who keep depressedly complaining that no one is playing. So it's just a matter of getting people to act, which I admit is quite an obstacle. Actually had a game or two go on at MTG on Friday, and Ray's agreed to play once his big concert is over. From the sound of it, his band is going through the typical "shaky band issues" atm, so we'll see. =|

So are you coming? It's a LOT of gas for my hunk a' junk, so a car pool would really help.

Polygon said:

Archimedes said:

What the heck?

Dude.

Sort of. We got about 2 and 1/2 people still eager and maybe 3-4 and a 1/2 more who keep depressedly complaining that no one is playing. So it's just a matter of getting people to act, which I admit is quite an obstacle. Actually had a game or two go on at MTG on Friday, and Ray's agreed to play once his big concert is over. From the sound of it, his band is going through the typical "shaky band issues" atm, so we'll see. =|

So are you coming? It's a LOT of gas for my hunk a' junk, so a car pool would really help.

I will carpool as many people capable of fitting in my car (which I believe is....4-5?) AND I will provide you all a place to stay for the weekend

Man I need to start building decks again, where are you guys playing at?

Archimedes said:

I will carpool as many people capable of fitting in my car (which I believe is....4-5?) AND I will provide you all a place to stay for the weekend

Terrifying! But seriously, I think I'll take you up on that. That'd be great.

Archimedes said:

Man I need to start building decks again, where are you guys playing at?

It's a place more by my side 'o town called Magic Tower Games. As you can guess it's a 90% Magic: tG store, but Dave n' I have decided to hijack the earlier parts of the afternoon on Friday (which is tournament night there) for UFS.

But this should really go to PM's, so I'll send you directions on the old forums using that.

anyone else from the SF bay area planning on going?

Yay! People! Better start buildin' that Frogy I said I'd build.

...oh, wait, I'm POOR.

I am getting so ridiculously hyped for Desert Wars.

anyone from LA area going and want to carpool?

Also any locals have room on a couch/floor for 2?

NintendoMan said:

anyone from LA area going and want to carpool?

Also any locals have room on a couch/floor for 2?

I have room for 2.

I also have a lot more open floor space if anybody is interested in crashing at my place.

Its looking like we are going to have three people total Arch.... :)

Fingers are crossed that we all get this situated tonight... gotta represent Cali!

That's fine by me good sir.

Shame really, because I was hoping I could team with you and 1 other if it came to that.

So, I hope everyone brings delicious morsels for Dessert Wars. ^^

Also, that Frogase I was building? Somehow, it became awesome. Because I has trix. Bordering on Cheets. And also Hax.

Too bad Frogase is slow as heck and dies to a TagAlong.

unfortunately i will not be able to go because of unexpected work BS.... so POed....