Kingdom Key Question.

By Darkwing Duck2, in Rules Discussions

Kingdom Key- Only Player/light Cards can use this card. if you equip this and win a challenge, subtract your Player Card lvl from your opponents player card lvl. Subtract That Difference from your opponents HP. if the difference is in the negative than subtract 0.

My first question is can equipment cards be played on your opponents player card? ( i know no one would want to but its just a question id like to know the answer to)

2. the wording is weird for me so say im sora and hes ansem i equip sora with the key and challenge then win would it be 10 - 1 or 1 - 10? i think its 1 - 10 but im iffy on it because they word things tricky. if its 10-1 then **** this card can beat ansem with one challenge. but i dont think it would be that broken.

Bonus question.does the uniqueness rule apply to dark/nobody cards when played as friends?

Darkwing Duck said:

Kingdom Key- Only Player/light Cards can use this card. if you equip this and win a challenge, subtract your Player Card lvl from your opponents player card lvl. Subtract That Difference from your opponents HP. if the difference is in the negative than subtract 0.

My first question is can equipment cards be played on your opponents player card? ( i know no one would want to but its just a question id like to know the answer to)

2. the wording is weird for me so say im sora and hes ansem i equip sora with the key and challenge then win would it be 10 - 1 or 1 - 10? i think its 1 - 10 but im iffy on it because they word things tricky. if its 10-1 then **** this card can beat ansem with one challenge. but i dont think it would be that broken.

Bonus question.does the uniqueness rule apply to dark/nobody cards when played as friends?

Wow...Ansem doesn't have to worry about that at all >_> [/liesandheresy]

As for your questions:
1. No, you cannot equip cards from your hand or field to your opponent unless a card specifically says that you can.
2. It's X - Y = Z, where X is the opponent's PL, Y is your PL and Z is the positive or negative result. In the example you've used, the result of Z would be '9' because 10 - 1 = 9. Somehow methinks that Ansem WR and Aggro just got throw out of the window forevermore.
3. They should function the same as Dark cards for Dark players.

Even if you used Sora level 3 + this card... it would still kill Ansem in one hit.

Oh wow.

Trothael said:

Darkwing Duck said:

Wow...Ansem doesn't have to worry about that at all >_> [/liesandheresy]

As for your questions:
1. No, you cannot equip cards from your hand or field to your opponent unless a card specifically says that you can.
2. It's X - Y = Z, where X is the opponent's PL, Y is your PL and Z is the positive or negative result. In the example you've used, the result of Z would be '9' because 10 - 1 = 9. Somehow methinks that Ansem WR and Aggro just got throw out of the window forevermore.
3. They should function the same as Dark cards for Dark players.

Acctually it would be 1-10, Because it sayd "your level" minus "opponents level". X-Y=Z

X = You

Y = Opponent

Z = Total

Just as an Example: Let us say you were Sora level 3, your sora level 3 has kingdom key equipped, and your opponent was Sora level 1.

"subtract your Player Card lvl from your opponents player card lvl. Subtract That Difference from your opponents HP"

The equation would be: Your Level minus your opponents level equals how much damage is done ( 3-1=2)

In the end your opponent would take one heart point for winning and two more because of kingdom key.

If you were going up against Ansem, the equation would be 3-10= -7. Ansem would take no extra damage.

I have to disagree. It says to subtract your level FROM your opponent's. That means, yes, it would kill Ansem.

WeirdUsername said:

I have to disagree. It says to subtract your level FROM your opponent's. That means, yes, it would kill Ansem.

but it seems so unfair to Ansem >.< lol I just can't put it into my head just because it can like 1 hit KO Ansem...he wasn't that weak in the game was he?! LOL

Also, I do agree with you now since I just remembered something my math teacher told me...I feel stupid.

Zexion said:

subtract your Player Card lvl from your opponents player card lvl.

The equation would be: Your Level minus your opponents level

*Angry twitch*

Brerb, preparing Maths-cannon.

I admit I was wrong I had to read it a couple of times. But it just seems weird that it would be like that.

It would be 'weirder' if it were to work the other way round.

Level 1 Player cards would become stagnant and useless, and they're supposed to be the staple of World Racer decks everywhere.

Kingdom Key would also have even less use due to Valor Form being a staple card in Aggro decks.

My personal view is that Kingdom Key has been included in this set as a counter-card for Form heavy decks, since all Form cards are level 3, and Level 1 Player cards are going to be seen in high amounts of usage in the near future.

It kinda makes sense. It makes it so that level 1 cards can be viable aggro cards. It's higher risk (lower attack power) for higher reward (more HP damage).

And it works flavor wise.

Kingdom Key is the "default keyblade" for Sora...he started with it, thus the lower level advantage since even when he was a Keyblade n00b he still whipped heartless ass. lol.

*takes off fanboy hat*