Too much STAR WARS and reprints?

By Podlet, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

The title says it all. I know Fantasy Flight is in business to make money, and the STAR WARS franchise probably costs a lot. But it seems to me that STAR WARS is elbowing out other topics. This, combined with the growing number of reprinted older games, sometimes makes a visit to the New Items part of the Fantasy Flight website very disappointing for me. I'm an older gamer, and I have a lot of these to-be-reprinted games already. I'm not averse to STAR WARS (it's such a cultural juggernaut in the gaming world, you at least have to make your peace with it), but am not really a fan, either. I want Fantasy Flight to make new and interesting things, preferably non-franchise related things, like they used to. Does anyone else feel like I do. Explanations/comments from FF corporate people as well as gamers would be welcome.

I think part of it is that this is the year of Star Wars. The new movie is coming out this year so everyone is jumping on the hype train expecting fans to scratch that itch when they can.

Podlet, I feel the same way. Star Wars is just too popular at the moment, so it's logical to focus on the hype. Ffg has great IP, like the world of Terrinoth and Twilight Imperium. I hope we will see more new releases in these settings when the hype settles down.

I feel the same since a long time.

I rarely check the FFG website for any news.

It's always Star Wars, Star Wars and Star Wars... and sometimes Warhammer, that's it.

Boring, for me atleast.

I am an huge Star Wars fan, but still, i liked FFG more a couple of years ago when they always came out with fresh ideas.

I also miss the times when FFG actually massively supported all their good board games.