Golems in RTL misprint??

By Ubbo_Sathla, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Golems in RTL have a red symbol that means the have a melee attack but the cards says they roll the white die

in vanilla descent they roll the red die for attacks..... we are guessing that this is a misprint but didnt see anything in FAQ. seems like a obvious misprint but none have brought this up before so maybe we have a special copy that is unique.

thx for all the help forum ppl you rock!

Ubbo_Sathla said:

Golems in RTL have a red symbol that means the have a melee attack but the cards says they roll the white die

in vanilla descent they roll the red die for attacks..... we are guessing that this is a misprint but didnt see anything in FAQ. seems like a obvious misprint but none have brought this up before so maybe we have a special copy that is unique.

thx for all the help forum ppl you rock!

Its not a misprint, it was a legitimate change in RtL.

Another case like this is Furr the Spirit Wolf who is making a melee attack with a single white dice.

Maybe FFG thought magical creatures making melee attacks should use the white die? The golem being a magical construct... dunno

I think it's more of a balance thing. In the case of Furr, they wanted him to make a melee attack but felt that the red die had too much potential damage to be fair for an invincible familiar. Using the white die instead changes the probabilities on how much damage will be rolled. I'm less certain about this being the case for the Golem (they roll a lot of dice anyway so I don't see red vs white making a huge difference), but that might be the case.