FFG card sleeves

By talismanisland, in Fantasy Flight Supply

I wonder if these will be on sale at Gencon? Any clues??

I would expect so. Our distributor told me we should have them the first week of August.

Sweet, we will check them out there!

Will there be discounts for bulk orders? To protect ALL of my FFG games (plus a couple others which happen to use "standard american" format cards) I'm looking at an expenditure well in excess of $200.00 (excluding shipping). The projected prices already seem a bit high for packs of only 50 sleeves.

Yea, a deal on bulk orders would be terrific. I've got all of arkham, and that's gonna set me way back, plus BSG...

Yea? No? bulk deal? Customer appreciation day?

Does anyone know roughly when these will be reaching UK suppliers?

Groovin said:

Will there be discounts for bulk orders? To protect ALL of my FFG games (plus a couple others which happen to use "standard american" format cards) I'm looking at an expenditure well in excess of $200.00 (excluding shipping). The projected prices already seem a bit high for packs of only 50 sleeves.

You are not alone. Just myself with Fantasy Flight games alone I am over $100.00. Add in the other games in my collection and I easily double, more like triple that total.

Then add in my gaming group. Just the ones I play with on a normal basis would get us to $500.00 to protect the games we play with on a normal basis our collections.

Rather than a discount on bulk, how about just offering a larger pack size? For those of us with large collections, I could see myself ordering a box of a thousand sleeves easily. My Wings of War sets alone would use that many. That would save on packaging and hopefully allow a lower per sleeve cost to the players. I like that these are good quality sleeves and should wear well, but if the cost is too high, I can't afford to use them on all my games.

Can someone at FFG tell me how many packs of sleeves will be required to protected all the cards for the

Descent game including all expasions?

Thanks

Orson said:

Can someone at FFG tell me how many packs of sleeves will be required to protected all the cards for the

Thanks

Per the guide, it will take 18 packs of the Standard American (Green) to protect Descent and all the expansions.

Descent 4

Well of Darkness 3

Altar of Despair 3

Road to Legend 5

Tomb of Ice 3

It may be less as they round up for each expansion.

Wolfshead said:

Orson said:

Thanks

Per the guide, it will take 18 packs of the Standard American (Green) to protect Descent and all the expansions.

Descent 4

Well of Darkness 3

Altar of Despair 3

Road to Legend 5

Tomb of Ice 3

Thanks for the info!

I have no idea dude.

talismanisland said:

I wonder if these will be on sale at Gencon? Any clues??

Yep, I bought several different sizes for my games. FFG had a huge stash yesterday and today. Saturday or Sunday I don't know, their supply did appear to be dwindling.

Well, if you want to sleeve all of Arkahm's card there are 1007 large cards and 791 mini cards between all the expansions (Thanks, Thadd).

The only stuff I've sleeves fo far are the Crisis skill cards from BSG. Our original deck is so worn out that the edges are almost black. Since it's the demo copy for the store I was able to get a replacement deck from FFG. I had already sleeves the Crisis Deck with the Mini Dragon Shields, but they are not tall enough for the card so I will have to pick up some of the Green sleeves for those. I'm waiting until I get Pegasus for that, though.

Bump.

Is no one from Fantasy Flight watching this forum or do they just not have an answer? It would be nice to hear something from them, even if it is a "Not in the plans now".

Wolfshead said:

Orson said:

Thanks

Descent 4

Well of Darkness 3

Altar of Despair 3

Road to Legend 5

Tomb of Ice 3

A fact which is not stated clearly or strongly enough in the guide. In certain cases (Arkham Horror, for example) the number of whole packs is significantly less than the literal totals necessary to sleeve an entire series. Caveat emptor, especially if you are also facing international shipping charges - hoo boy!

JerusalemJones said:

Well, if you want to sleeve all of Arkahm's card there are 1007 large cards and 791 mini cards between all the expansions (Thanks, Thadd).

The only stuff I've sleeves fo far are the Crisis skill cards from BSG. Our original deck is so worn out that the edges are almost black. Since it's the demo copy for the store I was able to get a replacement deck from FFG. I had already sleeves the Crisis Deck with the Mini Dragon Shields, but they are not tall enough for the card so I will have to pick up some of the Green sleeves for those. I'm waiting until I get Pegasus for that, though.

The figures are actually 998 large (American Standard) and 796 (American) mini, 20 and 16 whole packs respectively. The guide is woefully out of whack here, especially where it calls for 5 whole packs of Standards for Kingsport (just 7 cards in excess of 4 packs, more than covered by the leftovers from sleeving the base game, ownership of which would logically be assumed).