Potential Turn One Win combos?

By WookieeRoar, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

So, I've been looking at strategies for my renewed Fighter/Speeder deck and I just realised there is a potential turn one win combo.

Sure, you need just the right cards but still ... it's the only turn one win combo I can imagine:

Objective sets needed:

- Mobilize the Squadrons (Core)

- Defense of Yavin Four (Core)

- Hoth Operations (The Desolation of Hoth)

- Rogue Squadron Assault (Ready for Take Off)

On the opening objectives, you will need at least one 2-resource objective (or Defense of Yavin Four )

The combo:

Play Rogue Three (3 Rebel resources or two Rebel resources and discard one card if Defense is in play)

Play Astromech Droid Upgrade on Rogue Three (1 Neutral resource)

Play Trench Run (1 Rebel Resource)

Your Rogue Three is now a 2U/4B unit with 3 HP and can probably survive most of what the DS player could have put into play in turn one.

Attack with Rogue Three.

Play Stay on Target in the Edge battle.

Put Wedge Antilles into play, making Rogue Three 3U/5B (if you're lucky, you could have discarded Wedge before your Draw Phase or to pay for Defense )

Strike for 5 Blast Damage. Use the Action Window to focus Wedge and free Rogue Three . Strike again for 5 Blast Damage. Buh-bye Death Star Dial.

Yeah, I know that with two Mobilize the Squadrons and one Defense of Yavin 4 , it was already possible to get this combo before, but that made the opening flop also pretty conditional. And getting Wedge at 2 less resources is nothing to sneeze at.

All that is assuming you win the edge and are not focuse down by the enemy character before