Where can I get a Nara the Fang?

By Mattr0polis, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hey does anyone know where I can get or purchase a Nara the Fang promo? I check ebay like every day and never see any on there. What is a good way to get this freakin thing?

Mattr0polis said:

Hey does anyone know where I can get or purchase a Nara the Fang promo? I check ebay like every day and never see any on there. What is a good way to get this freakin thing?

To the best of knowledge there is no way to get Nara the Fang.

Big Remy said:

Well there has to be SOME way to get it as people have posted pics of theirs! Maybe what you meant was there's no way outside of a convention giveaway or random chance on ebay?

Mattr0polis said:

Big Remy said:

Well there has to be SOME way to get it as people have posted pics of theirs! Maybe what you meant was there's no way outside of a convention giveaway or random chance on ebay?

Yes

If you really want to, I'm almost positive his card has been posted as an image on this forum somewhere. So yes, you won't have the figure but you could still play him as a Hero.

Big Remy said:

Yes

If you really want to, I'm almost positive his card has been posted as an image on this forum somewhere. So yes, you won't have the figure but you could still play him as a Hero.

Yeah, thought about that, though without the miniature it wouldn't be nearly as cool.

Mattr0polis said:

Big Remy said:

Yes

Yeah, thought about that, though without the miniature it wouldn't be nearly as cool.

This is true. But from the pictures of his mini I've seen I'm fine with doing it this way.

This is why I hate promo items like this. It's a kick in the face for most of the loyal players of the games, as we have no way of getting them, and even when they do turn up on like ebay, we usually have to fork over a FORTUNE just to get it from some crooked dude who picked it up at some convention only to sell. I've seen people have to pay over $100 for stuff like the 2 Talisman promos from the Reaper expansion if they wanted them on ebay! That's just ridiculous! Just release this stuff for normal sale FFG! I'd eagerly pay $ to FFG instead of to some d-bag on ebay, and then the actual players/fans of the game can GET the freakin things.

The same is true for the three other promo heroes, which I would love to get into my greedy hands (at least I have Nara).

Altogether that would be - guess what - 42 heroes from all expansions! The answer for everything :)

Parathion said:

Altogether that would be - guess what - 42 heroes from all expansions! The answer for everything :)

OMG EPIC! happy.gif

Ah... I hate knowing that I don't have all bits for any of my fav. games...

Hopefully FF will release them down the road in some expansion.

Mattr0polis said:

This is why I hate promo items like this. It's a kick in the face for most of the loyal players of the games, as we have no way of getting them, and even when they do turn up on like ebay, we usually have to fork over a FORTUNE just to get it from some crooked dude who picked it up at some convention only to sell. I've seen people have to pay over $100 for stuff like the 2 Talisman promos from the Reaper expansion if they wanted them on ebay! That's just ridiculous! Just release this stuff for normal sale FFG! I'd eagerly pay $ to FFG instead of to some d-bag on ebay, and then the actual players/fans of the game can GET the freakin things.

I agree with your opinion 100% that it's annoying to have these promo figs out there that you have to jump through hoops to get. On the other hand, the purpose of promo material is usually to draw people into the exclusive events they're given away at. If FFG made these figures publically available even a year after the original event it would be a kick in the face to everyone who jumped through the hoops in the first place. More importantly, if it became a general pattern that promo figures would be released to the public a year later, nobody would go to the exclusive events since they know they can just buy it a year later. That in turn would completely defeat the purpose of promo figs and products.

I'm not saying I agree with the business model, I'm just saying it exists for a reason and it won't be changing (because changing it would destroy the purpose.) For my part I've come to terms with the fact that I will never own Nara the Fang. Honestly there are enough standard figs that me and my group will probably never use them all anyway. If I did decide that I wanted Nara (or any other promo) I'd just print out the hero card image from the net and find a figure from some other line of fantasy minis that roughly resembles her. It's not the real thing, but it's close enough for me not to care.

Steve-O said:

Mattr0polis said:

I agree with your opinion 100% that it's annoying to have these promo figs out there that you have to jump through hoops to get. On the other hand, the purpose of promo material is usually to draw people into the exclusive events they're given away at. If FFG made these figures publically available even a year after the original event it would be a kick in the face to everyone who jumped through the hoops in the first place. More importantly, if it became a general pattern that promo figures would be released to the public a year later, nobody would go to the exclusive events since they know they can just buy it a year later. That in turn would completely defeat the purpose of promo figs and products.

I'm not saying I agree with the business model, I'm just saying it exists for a reason and it won't be changing (because changing it would destroy the purpose.) For my part I've come to terms with the fact that I will never own Nara the Fang. Honestly there are enough standard figs that me and my group will probably never use them all anyway. If I did decide that I wanted Nara (or any other promo) I'd just print out the hero card image from the net and find a figure from some other line of fantasy minis that roughly resembles her. It's not the real thing, but it's close enough for me not to care.

i COMPLETELY agree! aplauso.gif

My Nara the Fang is 'Shirakawa Nara' using a Blitzer from the Samurai Bloodbowl line of miniatures.

He goes well with the dozen or so other characters created using the official create-your-own-character rules.
There is also;
a runner using the Catcher (ninja) figure from the same bloodbowl team,
an Elizabethan gentleman (looking very lordly, with Command),
an Elizabethan longbowman,
an Elizabethan rogue with sword and dagger,
a dwarven runemaster,
a dwarven warchief,
a Gondorian swordsman,
a Gondorian Archer,
a Pygmy Shaman,
and an Elven Wizard (high elf bloodbowl lineman)

They combine with the ToI figures to give me a more even spread of warrior/tanks, shooters, mages and utility/runners. All have printed up cards the same size (thoughly slightly thinner cardstock sadly) than the FFG ones.

Corbon said:

My Nara the Fang is 'Shirakawa Nara' using a Blitzer from the Samurai Bloodbowl line of miniatures.

I love Bloodbowl.

What are these other 3 exclusives? How were they made available, and when? I'm really bummed about Nara the Fang. I'm hoping she's given away again at this year's GenCon, but if not, I guess I'll end up with whatever gets passed out this year.

There are in this thread

I think two of them were for the Spanish release of RtL, the last guy I'm not sure.

Hello

Ok, I'm from Belgium but I can help here. I've Nara the Fang in german and in french (german version is useless for me, I've get it to Essen).

I also have the three other promo's (it seems to be easier to get them here in Belgium but they remain promo's => limited and hard to get...and I agree with everyone even if I have them).

I can't really translate their name in english but here they are in french :

Kel la voyante (Kel the Farseer?), she can attack at hidden ennemies (hidden by obstacles, etc)

Jonas le gentil (Jonas the Kind?), if he reduces the life points of an ennemy exactly to 1, the ennemy surrender and is removed like if dead (even if immortal).

Tobin Tueurdeloin (Tobin Farkiller?), he adds the range (all the range, not the range in excess) to the damages he does but he can't attack to an adjacent ennemy.

Here is a link to see a small image of them all.

Sorry for my english, I hope all this does'nt turned you too much up.

Pikaboo said:

Jonas le gentil (Jonas the Kind?), if he reduces the life points of an ennemy exactly to 1, the ennemy surrender and is removed like if dead (even if immortal).

I meant undying (not immortal). And his equipment cannot be destroyed.