Ships Vs Squadrons Rules Oversight

By TheWanderingMiller, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

I believe this a small oversight in the Rules Reference that t I'd like to see corrected.

Page 2 - Attack - Step 6

...If the attacker is a ship and the defender was a squadron, the attacker can delcare another enemy squardron as a defender and repeat steps 2 through 6.

Page 2 - Attack - Step 1

...Measure line of sight to the defender to ensure the attack is possible and to determine if it is obstructed.

Step 1 of attack is when line of sight is determined. As currently written step 1 and LOS determination is skipped on the 2nd squadron. Therefore a ship can attack a squadron and then (using the same attacking hull zone) attack a 2nd squadron that is within arc and range but is obstructed by a ship or obstacle without the obstruction penalty to the attack roll. When attacking 2 or more squadrons, it would benefit the attacker to first aim at an unobstructed squadron before dealing with any that are obstructed so that there is no penalty to the attack.

Edited by TheWanderingMiller

Anyone who tried to abuse that typo should have their core set thrown on the floor and stomped on.

Pretty sure this will never be a big deal, thankfully.

Anyone who tried to abuse that typo should have their core set thrown on the floor and stomped on.

Darn it, I was going to use that against you Saturday [hiding my set for protection].

Darn it, I was going to use that against you Saturday [hiding my set for protection].

Haha, you have two though, so it's okay! :P

Page 19 of the L2P Line of Sight and Obstruction says "when a ship or squadron attacks, it must trace line of sight from itself to its target."

First sentence last paragraph first column; "If line of sight is traced through obstacles or ships that are not the attacker or defender, the attack is obstructed." Same info in the RR.

Also I believe line of sight falls under the "declare another enemy squadron" clause in step 6 on page 2.

So maybe I'm dumb.

A ship can choose to attack out of a hull zone say the left hull zone, and attack a squadron, he or she may then attack another squadron from this hull zone. Does that take up both of the ships attacks or can they still perform one attack this turn from a different hullzone. If there are 3 squadrons in range in the hull zone can the process be repeated a third time?

You can attack every squadron in a single arc. That takes up one of your attacks.

You can attack every squadron in a single arc. That takes up one of your attacks.

My understanding it was every squadron in the same arc and range band.

at attack range

resolve each attack seperately

Page 19 of the L2P Line of Sight and Obstruction says "when a ship or squadron attacks, it must trace line of sight from itself to its target."

First sentence last paragraph first column; "If line of sight is traced through obstacles or ships that are not the attacker or defender, the attack is obstructed." Same info in the RR.

Also I believe line of sight falls under the "declare another enemy squadron" clause in step 6 on page 2.

The Rules Reference booklet is the definitive source of rules information for Star Wars: Armada . If something in the Rules Reference contradicts the Learn to Play booklet, the Rules Reference booklet is correct.

But in all seriousness, this loophole was probably not the intended. That's why I submitted it for correction.

; )