Rebels, this is your destiny.

By Deathseed, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

hqdefault.jpg

(click it)

Propaganda from the ISB.

For the record this video of the battle was staged for an Imperial Navy recruitment holo-ad. The real out come of that battle as been buried like all the truth in the Empire.

All I will say about the real battle is that the Imperial Navy is down an ISD and the other is still being repaired. That and they need lots of new Ties built.

Fulcrum Lives. Freedom.

Edited by Beatty

Propaganda from the ISB.

For the record this video of the battle was staged for an Imperial Navy recruitment holo-ad. The real out come of that battle as been buried like all the truth in the Empire.

All I will say about the real battle is that the Imperial Navy is down an ISD and the other is still being repaired. That and they need lots of new Ties built.

Fulcrum Lives. Freedom.

Just the kind of lies and exaggerations we've come to expect from rabble-rousers and criminal malcontents. Hear me loyal citizens, the rebels will use you to further their own selfish ends. Remember, one for all, and all for one. Serve your Emperor.

SWRProp1.jpg

Edited by Deathseed

On a side note I have a couple Enlistment Posters based on Imperial and Rebel themes in my living room. They are really cool.

tumblr_njjrxqP3iw1unybino1_1280.jpg

tumblr_l1jzo8wjSg1qzyvneo1_500.png

Edited by Beatty

On a side note I have a couple Enlistment Posters based on Imperial and Rebel themes in my living room. They are really cool.

Aren't they though?

This might be my favorite:

No_Shields_All_Guts-Cat_Staggs-Gicle_Dig

Love that one. Had it up on our X-Wing Facebook awhile back.

I would love to get my hands on this one for some reason.

rebel_sml.jpg

Love that one. Had it up on our X-Wing Facebook awhile back.

I would love to get my hands on this one for some reason.

(picture)

Has a classic feel to it.

Propaganda from the ISB.

*Sigh*

You clearly have a rebel's understanding of the Imperial bureaucratic structure or its intentions.

While you're right that this was a recruitment add ( as reported on HNN ), it's clear that nothing sells like the Truth, and the whole video was meticulously vetted for accuracy by HNN. After all, HNN would not want its integrity being questioned.

The ISB does not do propaganda. They merely help people who seem to have lost their way and need a guiding hand along a more appropriate path [towards the spice mines of Kessel].

Awww yeah! The empire is metal! \m/

I played the M.A.S.K. Intro over it and it was awesome!

Why can't we have this instead of Rebels?

Awww yeah! The empire is metal! \m/

I played the M.A.S.K. Intro over it and it was awesome!

Why can't we have this instead of Rebels?

:P

I have an 8 year old son who happens to be part of the target audience they are going for, the 30+ crowd with darker fantasies in which we get to see the Empire conquer weaker worlds by using excessive force and slaughtering anyone who disagrees with them is not on Disney's list of shows to make. Japanese anime where tentacle monsters ****** women before killing them might do something like that but no one is going to make a movie or show where they will depict the Empire as the Protagonist. They are the Antagonist personified and will remain that way forever.

Just to reiterate the Empire was created to be an Antagonistic regime in the Star Wars Universe and it is a Sith Empire. The writers and George Lucus purposely made the Empire out to represent everything that goes against the idea of freedom and living in a world with hope. The Empire is a force bent on subjugating everyone through Fear and Violence.

Kind of the facts and even though there are those that make funny jokes about them being the force of good (see HNN, seriously see it. It is some funny stuff.) we should remember that the Empire is not the good guys looking to save the galaxy. And our society wants to see the good guys overcome the oppressive Empire and so does my son.

Edited by Beatty
Just to reiterate the Empire was created to be an Antagonistic regime in the Star Wars Universe and it is a Sith Empire. The writers and George Lucus purposely made the Empire out to represent everything that goes against the idea of freedom and living in a world with hope. The Empire is a force bent on subjugating everyone through Fear and Violence.

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
;) Edited by Beatty

Poor Neb and its 1 shield on the sides.

Poor Neb and its 1 shield on the sides.

Edit: O your reference ing the video in the op, duh!

Edited by clontroper5

Aren't they though?

This might be my favorite:

No_Shields_All_Guts-Cat_Staggs-Gicle_Dig

This one reminds me of an insane dream I had where I was living the life of one of my Imperial RPG characters. My character was out drinking while off duty and ran into Shea Hublin. We were both former TIE pilots who had shifted to naval duty )He was commanding a squadron of course while my character was am Imperial frigate captain) We start talking about how the rebels have shielded hyperspace capable fighters while our pilots were mostly stuck with unshielded short range cardboard armored designs. Raith Sienar was on the planet so once we were drunk enough we decided to use electro shock therapy to train Sienar to create better starfighter designs. We would show him holo images of three three fighters, one shielded and equipped with a hyperdrive, and two unshielded sublight only fighters. We then asked him which was the best and shocked him if he picked one of the unshielded ones. After training was complete we ran him through a bacta tank. It seemed to go perfectly .but then he got assassinated the next day.

What's funny is that I'm not even sure I had read any of the comics Hublin appeared in before making that character but after reading the Essential Guide to Warfare I looked him up on Wookieepedia and the first thing I thought after reading his article was how well the two would have gotten along.

That sounds like the Empire. Unite all the galaxy under one rule so that everybody can be interfered with or ignored equally.

I would like to see something like this. Live action would be too expensive and it would a bit dark for network TV, but with Netflix having done Daredevil (with Disney/Marvel) and Knights of Sidonia , I imagine that this would be right up Disney and Netflix's combined alley. A John Williams/Star Wars metal sound track would be awesome....

Edited by Vigil

This explains why Beatty was in the poster posting mood. . .