Armada MicroHangars

By SirWillibald, in Star Wars: Armada

Awesome job mate!

Wow... those are small boxes for the squadrons. Now all I can picture are little micro boxes for each single fighter...

Anyways, looks really nice.

Put in the a link to the appropriate URL on BGG! Great job!

These are very awesome.

Question: I've never made anything like this before; what paper is suggested? Should it work with any printer?

Put in the a link to the appropriate URL on BGG! Great job!

Screw that, forgot it! Link added, thanks!

These are very awesome.Question: I've never made anything like this before; what paper is suggested? Should it work with any printer?

Yes, it should, just take the thickest paper your printer can handle. My Canon Pixma for example has no problem to print the boxes on 200g/m2 paper, which should be easy to get. I heard that some printers can even handle 300g/m2, but 200g is a really good start. If the VSD hangar turns out to be not sturdy enough you can glue the wall enforcements inside. You find them in the BGG file, as well, just print them on the same paper.

Whoa, for a second there I thought they were in perfect little form cut foam inserts at the base but it's just their shadows. Haha.

Excellent work, I commend you :) Many thanks for this.

Great job! Thank you so much Sir!

Thanks guys, nice to hear!

v1.1 is ready for download, everything should be OK now. Feel free to ask if you have further questions!

Happy cutting and folding!

Great idea, sorting these tonight.

Gearboxes ASAP please ! :D

Awesome thank you!

Great idea, sorting these tonight.

Gearboxes ASAP please ! :D

20150410.jpg

20150411.jpg

Few things to fix (change front and back, increase thickness), the rest will follow soon!

From the perforations on these, I'm wondering whether you have a Silhouette or similar paper craft cutting tool. Really like the gear boxes!

Dumb question, but what's the best sort of glue to stick the boxes together?

Not a dumb question at all!

I have done a lot of card stock building (Infinity terrain and X-Wing Tuck Boxes). You can find paper glue (I use the Elmer's No Wrinkle glue pen) on Amazon for under $4 USD, or at any local Craft Store (like Michael's).

Always a good idea to do a test box first to get the feel for it.

Edited by JMichael

I love these, thanks!

Since they are on A4 paper, could you please give me an exact measurement to I can be sure mine (US Letter) are printing the correct size?

Say for one of the VSD Reinforcement lids.

From the perforations on these, I'm wondering whether you have a Silhouette or similar paper craft cutting tool. Really like the gear boxes!

Nope, I'm using a simple scissor to cut out the sheets. Because my wife is a dedicated and well-equipped paper crafter I have access to this baby for scoring all fold lines and this little punch to do the half circles (it's no problem to not cut them at all, the boxes work fine, I just wanted to give it a try).

I love these, thanks!

Since they are on A4 paper, could you please give me an exact measurement to I can be sure mine (US Letter) are printing the correct size?

Say for one of the VSD Reinforcement lids.

Rats, that reminds me that I wanted to include a little 1cmx1cm square for proof.

But for now I can give you a few measurements:

The reinforcement for the lid should be 13cm x 6,6cm. Please let me know if you were able to print it on letter size, otherwise I'll do a letter size file. Well, perhaps I do it anyway :-)

I have done a lot of card stock building (Infinity terrain and X-Wing Tuck Boxes). You can find paper glue (I use the Elmer's No Wrinkle glue pen) on Amazon for under $4 USD, or at any local Craft Store (like Michael's).

Cheers. I'm in the UK and not familiar with that one. Think I have a Pritt stick (do you have those in the US?) knocking around somewhere so might give that a try and see how it holds - not sure if it will be strong enough for the job though.

Cheers. I'm in the UK and not familiar with that one. Think I have a Pritt stick (do you have those in the US?) knocking around somewhere so might give that a try and see how it holds - not sure if it will be strong enough for the job though.

I use a pritt stick myself for most of the time. My wife always tries to convince me how much better double-sided tape would be (which also works fine and even faster, but you get only one chance to do it right), but as long as you make sure to give each area a complete cover with the pritt stick it works great!

Edited by SirWillibald

Cheers Willibald, will def give the Pritt a go then :)

Absolutely superb! I am loving these. Massive thank you for the effort and work that went into them!

I had tried glue sticks, but found that it was difficult to keep the glue on a small space. Since these need to open and close, any excess glue can wreck the box.

I would recommend a liquid No Wrinkle style. Your local Arts and Craft store 'should' have a selection of different paper glues.

The UHU ones are also great and available from Amazon UK at least!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UHU-Paper-Card-Glue-2x50ml/dp/B0085LTV0Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427929685&sr=8-2&keywords=paper+glue

Edited by JMichael

Rats, that reminds me that I wanted to include a little 1cmx1cm square for proof.

But for now I can give you a few measurements:

The reinforcement for the lid should be 13cm x 6,6cm. Please let me know if you were able to print it on letter size, otherwise I'll do a letter size file. Well, perhaps I do it anyway :-)

My reinforcement lid printed 'Actual Size' on US Letter (8,5x11) measures at 13cm x 6.7cm

The only issue I have is the VSD page. While the scale prints fine, the box outline is a bit too wide (8 2/8") and it cuts off the Left most guide line. It does this even when viewing it in Adobe Acrobat.

It prints fine on 11x17 paper, which I used to compare.

If its not too much trouble, a 8.5" x 11" US Letter version would be wonderful to have.

Edited by JMichael