Easy Handicap for weaker rebel players

By Domsterlord, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Hey, I had this Idea and thought I would share it with everyone.

If you are an experienced Imperial player and are playing a weaker rebel group (youngsters, Noob gamer or just new to the whole Ia/descent system) you could give your group a FREE group of rebel troopers on each mission.

Not only is this very Thematic but it will also scale down as the campaign progresses as the point value of that group will become relatively
less when the threat level increases as the campaign progresses...

Dom

The only issue I see is that there are missions which give you the troopers. Which could mean the group would quickly have access to the elite versions. I would actually say just reduce the threat gained by 33% (Round Up). This reduction across all threat-gains should make it so the constant reinforce/new enemies is much less oppressive. The missions would usually start out hard, but the new-ish team could overcome many of the situations more quickly. It would still be possible to the Imperial to win, but it should slow him down significant;y enough and he would have to rely on out-playing the Rebels rather than simply overpowering them

You could just say that they have 2 groups of troopers, not the elite ones...

There are many other ways you could balance, I just suggested one of them that IMHO is also very thematic.

Dom

I actually like that idea. Give the kids some free rebel troopers.

Additionally, what you can do is pull your punches a bit, and spread the damage around so you don't end up focus firing one kid down.

Personally, if I were the Imperial player, and my group was my kid and his friends, I would do my best to throw every game so the rebels won, but not make it look like I did.

Of course, I like my kid, your results may vary.

Edited by Fizz

You don't have to use rebel troopers, any skirmish deployment card for a character not in the current campaign will do, also gives you more of aleeway in terms of power...

Dom