Peter Pan errata ...?

By zombiegod13, in Rules Discussions

If someone could give a detailed explanation of how to differentiate when Peter Pan's ability to eliminate card text takes effect, that would be so unbelievably chill! How do you know!!! It's so confusing! Help please!

-Thanks!

zombiegod13 said:

If someone could give a detailed explanation of how to differentiate when Peter Pan's ability to eliminate card text takes effect, that would be so unbelievably chill! How do you know!!! It's so confusing! Help please!

-Thanks!

Peter Pan's effect works only during the battle phase; not before or after the battle phase so it will effect heartless cards that have constant effect. Cards like Barrel Spider, Behemoth, have effects that initiates either before or after the battle starts/ends. For dark cards that take -1 HP like Pirate, Peter Pan's effect won't work on them because it initiates at the beginning of your end phase for you to lose -1 HP, and you can also just kill it to to get rid of it before it's effect is activated. Dark cards that have quickplay or come into play effects (like Parasite Cage) won't be effected by Pan's effect either because the Dark card's effect works and resolves faster than Pan's effect to initiate. The moment that dark card is put into play is when the effect works and resolves. I hope this helps and if you are still confused, someone else will say it more clearly than me XD.

sungtrs said:

zombiegod13 said:

-Thanks!

Peter Pan's effect works only during the battle phase; not before or after the battle phase so it will effect heartless cards that have constant effect. Cards like Barrel Spider, Behemoth, have effects that initiates either before or after the battle starts/ends. For dark cards that take -1 HP like Pirate, Peter Pan's effect won't work on them because it initiates at the beginning of your end phase for you to lose -1 HP, and you can also just kill it to to get rid of it before it's effect is activated. Dark cards that have quickplay or come into play effects (like Parasite Cage) won't be effected by Pan's effect either because the Dark card's effect works and resolves faster than Pan's effect to initiate. The moment that dark card is put into play is when the effect works and resolves. I hope this helps and if you are still confused, someone else will say it more clearly than me XD.

I like this explanation, other than the fact that you have to be able to say when the battle phase ends. Damage Step could well be part of the battle in which case I have a good arguement againist Barrel and Pan. I'm with the majority that says Barrel's effect kicks in after it's discarded, but I could easily argue the other way. (both sides explained later)

My understanding of the effect is thus. Continuious effects like Villains are negated for that brief moment, effects that stop certain cards magic, attack, friends, etc are negated. "Parasite Cage" is not because it's effect activiates upon entering the field and it's not continuious it's like an equip card at that point so it doesn't let the caged victim go. "Behemoth"'s effect triggers the moment you declare battle before Pan even has a chance to enter and from there negating it's text is pointless cause it's already happened.

"Barrel Spider" is one that can be agrued. I'm not going to say which is right because I dont know and it needs to be answered officially. However Yay Pan, "Barrel Spider" is destoryed and sent to the discard pile where Pan's effect can't touch it when it's effect activiates. Nay Pan, Barrel Spider's text is erased as it's destoryed and moved into the discard pile, since it's effect was not active when it was destoryed it doesn't matter what type of damage destorys it because it's effect would only reactivate in the discard pile where it would just be. Since nowhere is the battle step and the damage step named as different so since Pan is in the challenge it's effect would carry till the end of the Battle Phase and you moved onto another action or Challenge/End Phase.

This game is semi nit picky since some effects are written vaugely. It really just depends on when the effect takes places. Continuious and Negating Effects end, while effects that resolve proir to the battle, like "Behemoth", or after the battle, like "Wyvern", are not.

Roxas, you are pro at explaining things thoroughly XD My P-brain will be decimated by your Overlord colony-like brain ROFLS

Lol, thanks. Either way I sent an email to Jaffer because quite frankly this question has been left vauge a little too long in my honest opinion. So we'll see, I am though very interested to see what he rules and his explanation for it.

Yeah, I just can't wait till my set4 box comes, but it's like not shipped yet so I tried to ask if they were out of stock so they just sent me a message saying that they accepted the money. It didn't answer my question but I guess they told me just wait it will come to you...in time XD Whenever that box will be shipped will be the day I can finally post up what I have up for trades on set4 XD

The question is hard becasue it really depends on what angle you want to attack it from. I think Barrel Spider's effect is too weak to really effect a World Racer except to cancel out the HP gain from traveling to another world and it would seemingly never effect an Aggro player. In any case, the effects of either answer would be pretty small. But it STILL is an interesting question.

I could point out various card text wordings that support either case, and make an epic wall of text out of it but...

...getting picky with the wording has never gotten anyone anywhere with this game, as it's all rather unclear and we already have some FFG rulings that kinda walk all over and ignore the exact wording anyways.

I'm slightly in favor of having Peter Pan cancel out Barrel Spider just so that Barrel Spider has a counter that can't be Phil'd. But only slightly because I don't think it's going to make or break World Racing.

I guess to get back on topic: We don't really know the answer to this exactly, but hopefully we'll get a ruling.

I thought there was a rulin somewhere already..

The rulin stated that Pan's effect is through the whole battle, from the moment you start to battle on the world, to the point when the battle ends. 'N the battle ends after the heartless are discarded, so Barrel Spider's effect wouldn't kick in due to Pan's effect.

Might want to take a gander around 'n check to see, aye? Cause it's better to check 'n double, certainly.

I have a different Peter Pan question.

Peter Pan is a friend card, however in a recently opened set 4 pack I discovered his type was printed as Magic/Friend.

I am aware of misprints (Dumbo world card for example) but seeing as he (and tink) are a summon in KH2 I am a bit iffy on the ruling.

He did indeed become a legit Magic/Friend when Set 4 came out, so it is not a misprint.

As you stated, he became a Magic/Friend in KH 2...so his card also changed type to reflect that.

Thanks for the info Mr. Dawn