New mode - Marine Defence

By RedMageStatscowski, in Doom

The invaders have finally broken through. There's nothing in the way of the invaders and the marine's home base except 1/2/3 marines. The marines' only hope is to kill as many as possible before they punch through the marine line.

The objective for the marine is to prevent as much invaders as possible from exiting the board. The marines aren't trying to exit the board this time. The invaders have set spawning area, and must aim to get as many invaders past the marines and through the doorway, though killing them as well is encouraged. The invaders get no event cards, but is guaranteed a spawn card EVERY TURN, making it an endless wave of monsters. Once the deck is exhausted, spawn cyberdemons equal to the number of marines

Marines can't die, if they lose their last HP they must wait 2 turns before returning to battle.

I've created the map, but it's not perfect yet. I will post it on here and on BGG once it is finished.

Nice idea, reminds me of a certain Space Hulk scenario.

This could be very interesting with Starcraft miniatures (e.g. Marines / Firebats / Medics vs Zerglings / Hydralisks / Ultralisks).

If we can get some stats for the Zergs.

Free bump for the almost forgotten variant.

Fun idea! I will try to get the gang to give this one a go next time we play.