Solo play and the

By DCAnderson, in Battlestar Galactica

I'm crossposting this from http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/423066

This is something that has been bugging me, and I doubt there will ever be an official ruling on this, but I'm still curious about it.

If you're playing with the Solo rules from FFG's website, how do the cards like Assign Vice President work?

All of them say "Draw 2 Politics cards and give this card to any other player."

My question is this. When you try to play this card, do you have to satisfy both those things to play the card at all? So if there is no "other" player does that mean that you draw the politics cards and it gets discarded because there is no one to give the card to, or is it just impossible to play since you can't satisfy the second condition?

I would just do as much of the card as you can. So that would be draw the Politics card and then discard the Quorum card.

A lot of those cards become useless any ways because you don't ever need to elect a new president. No reason to play the card exp to get the extra two politics cards.

Sorthlador said:

A lot of those cards become useless any ways because you don't ever need to elect a new president. No reason to play the card exp to get the extra two politics cards.

That's actually why I want to know. When I'm cycling through Quorom cards with President's Office, it would be nice to know if I could at least use them as a cheap Consolidate Power.

Where are the solo play rules on the site?

Just curious. I just got the game and want to play it once to get the idea and rules straight, before my gaming group plays it in a few weeks.

Thanks,

It's on this web page/BSG/Support/Variant rules.... http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=18&esem=4 might work.

For play through, you might do better playing (solo) a 3 player game from each players perspective... one admiral, one president, one pilot. After 2 round of turns, you will have a good idea of what goes on.

Thanks we played it last week love this game

Now that you played, read through the rules again. It will go quick and make WAY more sense!